    I have tried reinstalling IE but the problem still persists.

    Any suggestions,
    Neo.
    Neo, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Neo

    Eric Guest

    "Neo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The other day my girlfriend unzipped a file from the recycle bin which she
    > then emptied!
    >
    > Consequently, when I now try to open Internet Explorer, it never quite

    makes
    > it.
    > Instead, a message comes up saying that Internet Explorer has encountered

    > problem and must close. It asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft!
    >
    > I have tried reinstalling IE but the problem still persists.
    >
    > Any suggestions,
    > Neo.

    have you tried going to system information, clicking on the !, the first one
    is repair IE?

    Eric
    Eric, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Neo

    Tim H. Guest

    Howdy Neo,

    "Neo" <> wrote in message
    > The other day my girlfriend unzipped a file from the recycle bin which she
    > then emptied!
    >
    > Consequently, when I now try to open Internet Explorer, it never quite

    makes
    > it.
    > Instead, a message comes up saying that Internet Explorer has encountered

    > problem and must close. It asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft!

    I see this happen a lot with the plugins/toolbars. Next time it happens,
    there should be a button/link for details. It'll give lots of information,
    but what we want is one that says "Module Name" which will probably have
    something.dll. Report back and we'll go from there...

    -Tim

    Tim H., Aug 15, 2003
  4. Neo

    Thor Guest

    Try the IE repair tool. control panel/add-remove programs/internet explorer
    click add/remove then
    select the repair option.

    Thor, Aug 15, 2003