opening HTML file in Windows produces error "There was a problem sending the command to the program"

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Doe, May 14, 2009.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    This is annoying. Whenever I click on an HTML file in Windows, if
    Firefox is already open, it does not even open the HTML file... if
    Firefox is not open, it opens the HTML file, but now I am getting an
    error every time. The error causes the Explorer window Taskbar button
    to flash. After switching back to Windows Explorer, the pop-up error
    reads "There was a problem sending the command to the program". I
    suppose it has to do with the Windows file type properties.

    Thanks.

    --
    Interested in making Windows and games obey your verbal commands?
    Continuous command recognition (much easier than speech recognition)

    John Doe, May 14, 2009