Opening files from internet

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Coxon, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    John Coxon, Jul 26, 2004

  2. John Coxon wrote:

    > When I click on a link to a .exe file on the internet from Firefox, the
    > "Opening *.exe" window appears but next to "Open with" it says
    > "getright.exe". How do I change it back to "exefile" as it was when I
    > first installed it?

    Firefox should not be able to open any exe files directly from the
    internet, fot security reasons. Getright is a download manager, so it
    would most likely just download the file for you.

    You probably have it registered as a helper ap. To clear it go to:

    Tools>>Options>>Downloads>>File Types

    If there is an ectry for exe files, remove it. YOu still should not be
    able to open it directly though.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jul 26, 2004