    file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
    there an extension that will open exe files?

    Thanks
    bstern, Mar 10, 2005

  2. bstern wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
    > to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
    > file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
    > there an extension that will open exe files?
    >
    > Thanks

    No, thank God. Its a security issue. Download the exe file and run it
    from your hard drive, after you've virus checked it.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 10, 2005

  3. bstern

    bstern Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > bstern wrote:
    >
    >> hello
    >>
    >> when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
    >> to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
    >> file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
    >> there an extension that will open exe files?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > No, thank God. Its a security issue. Download the exe file and run it
    > from your hard drive, after you've virus checked it.
    >
    > Lee

    I guess you are right about the security issue....I was just used to IE
    asking me if I wanted it saved or opened.
    bstern, Mar 10, 2005
  4. bstern

    Guest

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:35:46 GMT, bstern <>
    wrote:

    >hello
    >
    >when I upgrade a program I already have on the pc, it usually tells me
    >to choose "run" or "open". However I cannot get Mozilla to run the
    >file, I get a message saying it doesn't know what to do with it. Is
    >there an extension that will open exe files?
    >
    >Thanks

    OH MY GOD......
    DUDE - ARE YOU CRAZY?
    DO YOU COLLECT VIRUSES FOR FUN?
    YOU BETTER GO BACK TO COMPUTER SCHOOL !!!!

    Yes I was screaming.......

    Download it, scan for viruses and malware, then, IF its SAFE, you can
    install it.

    Oh, By the way....
    You know those little picture ads that say
    "Click on this picture to enlarge your penis".
    They really don't enlarge you penis, it's just the picture that
    enlarges.... However, a good woman can usually enlarge your penis,
    and without any shipping fees. Handling fees are optional.

    888FOOD
    , Mar 15, 2005