    Who knows how to open .xls files or include within email? When you get a
    chance......

    Thx.

    robert van ralph, Oct 11, 2003

  2. robert van ralph

    Miggsee Guest

    ..xls files are Excel files.

    Miggsee, Oct 11, 2003

  3. robert van ralph wrote:
    > All settings have been changed. Still unable to open email
    > attachments.
    >
    > Who knows how to open .xls files or include within email? When you
    > get a chance......
    >
    > Thx.

    You DO have Excel installed?

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 11, 2003
  4. robert van ralph

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    I suspect this is a Billy Goat problem. I shift Xcel files between machines
    with the same difficulty re xls/ xlr with a logic that I cannot fathom
    "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in message
    > robert van ralph wrote:
    > > All settings have been changed. Still unable to open email
    > > attachments.
    > >
    > > Who knows how to open .xls files or include within email? When you
    > > get a chance......
    > >
    > > Thx.

    > You DO have Excel installed?

    ---

    c.rowlands4, Oct 11, 2003
  5. robert van ralph

    Harrison Guest

    Since you have apparently deviated form the original thread, we can
    only assume that you have already tried the standard answer for OE6,
    which is <Tools><Options><Security>

    Have you tried saving the attachment outside of the e-mail?
    Do you have Excel or another program capable of reading xls files?

    Harrison, Oct 11, 2003
  6. robert van ralph

    trout Guest

    robert van ralph wrote:

    > All settings have been changed. Still unable to open email
    > attachments.
    >
    > Who knows how to open .xls files or include within email? When you
    > get a chance......
    >
    > Thx.

    You can't open *any* attachments? Did you check the settings under
    Tools > Options > Security?
    And if you don't have Excel installed; download the viewer to open
    ..xls files:
    http://tinyurl.com/5cdl
    --
    "Remember to virus-scan all attachments before opening."

    trout, Oct 11, 2003
  7. robert van ralph

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Miggsee <> typed:

    --
    Juan
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination". {{{ }}} And these are

    Juan Pérez, Oct 12, 2003
  8. robert van ralph

    Juan Pérez Guest

    robert van ralph <> typed:
    > All settings have been changed. Still unable to open email
    > attachments.
    >
    > Who knows how to open .xls files or include within email? When you
    > get a chance......
    >
    > Thx.

    Others have told you what .xls files are: they are sent in email same
    as any other file attachment.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 12, 2003
  9. robert van ralph

    Miggsee Guest

    "Juan Pérez" <juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message

    > Miggsee <> typed:
    > > .xls files are Excel files.
    > >
    > > "robert van ralph" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> All settings have been changed. Still unable to open email
    > >> attachments.
    > >>
    > >> Who knows how to open .xls files or include within email? When you
    > >> get a chance......
    > >>
    > >> Thx.

    > --
    > Juan
    > "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination". {{{ }}} And these are
    > abrazos for a special señorita ;-)

    And these are for you, mi amigo querido!

    ;-* xoxo ;-* xoxo ;-* xoxo

    Miggsee, Oct 14, 2003
  10. robert van ralph

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Miggsee <> wrote:

    > "Juan Pérez" <juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote:
    > >
    > > Miggsee <> typed:
    > > > .xls files are Excel files.
    > > >
    > > > "robert van ralph" <> wrote:

    <snip>
    > > Juan:

    {{{ }}} And these are
    > > abrazos for a special señorita ;-)

    > And these are for you, mi amigo querido!
    >
    > ;-* xoxo ;-* xoxo ;-* xoxo

    Y besos a usted, también....;^* ;^* ;^*

    Juan Pérez, Oct 14, 2003
  11. robert van ralph

    Harrison Guest

    Go kiss someone in English.

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003
  12. robert van ralph

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Why English, specifically? I was thinking more in terms of French
    Kissing next. ;o) GFYIT

    Harrison typed:

    --
    Tact, n.:
    The unsaid part of what you're thinking.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 14, 2003
  13. robert van ralph

    Miggsee Guest

    But English is so mundane!