    an attachment in my e-mail nothing happens.I click on the paperclip,the
    dialog box opens with name of attachment and the amount of kb but when I
    click on it nothing happens.can anyone help me with that please.jonP

    John Proulx, Jan 18, 2004

  2. John Proulx

    Boomer Guest

    "John Proulx" <> wrote in
    news:bueijo$8t2$:

    > I cannot open 'attachments' since I sent my pc to be repaired from
    > a virus,I change my e-mail from msn to outlook express ,ever since
    > when I try to open an attachment in my e-mail nothing happens.I
    > click on the paperclip,the dialog box opens with name of
    > attachment and the amount of kb but when I click on it nothing
    > happens.can anyone help me with that please.jonP

    Hi

    Hopefully this will help.

    Can Not Open Attachments OE6?

    Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow attachments
    to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

    "OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6"
    Microsoft KB Article - 291387
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q291387

    Boomer, Jan 18, 2004

  3. John Proulx

    DH Guest

    Didn't learn your lesson, huh? DO NOT open attachments......DO NOT open
    forwarded items...... This is the ONLY way to protect yourself from "WORMS".
    However, if you're hellbent on supporting your friendly, neighborhood
    computer technician......then RAVE ON!

    DH, Jan 18, 2004
  4. > I cannot open 'attachments' since I sent my pc to be repaired from a virus,I
    > change my e-mail from msn to outlook express ,ever since when I try to open
    > an attachment in my e-mail nothing happens.I click on the paperclip,the
    > dialog box opens with name of attachment and the amount of kb but when I
    > click on it nothing happens.

    Since you needed your cheap computer to be "repaired from a virus" and
    you use Microsoft Outlook, the attachments function has probably been
    disabled for safety reasons.

    http://www.lindows.com/lindows_sales_intro.php
    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/9.1/features/
    http://www.suse.com/us/private/products/suse_linux/i386/index.html