    the opengl api, and they likewise don't work. Are there known issues with
    OpenGL on XP64?

    AMD Phenom quad core cpu, 4GB ram, XP64 clean install.

    Zootal, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Zootal

    Allan Guest

    "Zootal" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    >I have a clean installation of XP64, and I am having problems with Opengl
    >apps. The first indication that there was a problem was when I realized
    >Doom3 would not run. So then I tried some programs I wrote myself that use
    >the opengl api, and they likewise don't work. Are there known issues with
    >OpenGL on XP64?
    >
    > AMD Phenom quad core cpu, 4GB ram, XP64 clean install.

    You may need the x86 version of Java not the AMD 64 version for Opengl to
    run. I have only one Opengl app but it runs under the x86 version on Windows
    XP Home.

    Allan, Dec 8, 2007

  3. Zootal

    Zootal Guest

    "Allan" <> wrote in message

    > "Zootal" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a clean installation of XP64, and I am having problems with Opengl
    >>apps. The first indication that there was a problem was when I realized
    >>Doom3 would not run. So then I tried some programs I wrote myself that use
    >>the opengl api, and they likewise don't work. Are there known issues with
    >>OpenGL on XP64?
    >>
    >> AMD Phenom quad core cpu, 4GB ram, XP64 clean install.
    >>

    > You may need the x86 version of Java not the AMD 64 version for Opengl to
    > run. I have only one Opengl app but it runs under the x86 version on
    > Windows XP Home.

    Java? What does that have to do with OpenGL?

    I did get it to work - I have to disable one of my video cards and reboot.
    Then it works. With two cards active, it won't work for some strange reason.

    Zootal, Dec 8, 2007
  4. Zootal

    Allan Guest

    "Zootal" <> wrote in message

    > "Allan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Zootal" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have a clean installation of XP64, and I am having problems with Opengl
    >>>apps. The first indication that there was a problem was when I realized
    >>>Doom3 would not run. So then I tried some programs I wrote myself that
    >>>use the opengl api, and they likewise don't work. Are there known issues
    >>>with OpenGL on XP64?
    >>>
    >>> AMD Phenom quad core cpu, 4GB ram, XP64 clean install.
    >>>

    >> You may need the x86 version of Java not the AMD 64 version for Opengl to
    >> run. I have only one Opengl app but it runs under the x86 version on
    >> Windows XP Home.

    > Java? What does that have to do with OpenGL?
    >
    > I did get it to work - I have to disable one of my video cards and reboot.
    > Then it works. With two cards active, it won't work for some strange
    > reason.

    The one application I had was a Java app and so I wrongly assumed that
    Opengl run under Java only. Sorry for my error. I am glad you got it to work
    after all.

    Allan, Dec 8, 2007
  5. Zootal

    Carlos Guest

    Zootal,
    Have you checked the videocards manufacturer's forums?
    This seems more like a problem in the SLI (or crossfire) and driver
    combination.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 8, 2007
  6. Zootal

    Zootal Guest

    >>> You may need the x86 version of Java not the AMD 64 version for Opengl
    >>> run. I have only one Opengl app but it runs under the x86 version on
    >>> Windows XP Home.

    >> Java? What does that have to do with OpenGL?
    >>
    >> I did get it to work - I have to disable one of my video cards and
    >> reboot. Then it works. With two cards active, it won't work for some
    >> strange reason.
    >>

    > The one application I had was a Java app and so I wrongly assumed that
    > Opengl run under Java only. Sorry for my error. I am glad you got it to
    > work after all.

    OK, that makes sense. OpenGL outside of the Microsoft world is quite
    popular, and there are some Windows apps that use it as well. There is a new
    version of OpenGL due out early next year, and I'm curious to see how it
    does next to DirectX. If Microsoft doesn't make DirectX 10 work with XP, it
    probably won't take of like they would like it to. Vista-only games are not
    going to be a huge success.

    </soapbox>

    Zootal, Dec 8, 2007