OpenGL error, some1 help, if u know...:-)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ben, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    I play Counter-Strike, and before I reinstalled everything about 2 months
    ago, I could switch to desktop, go on the web, then continue the game
    without a problem. The thing is that before I was able to do that, I had the
    same problem as I am having now, if I switch to desktop, fine, but when I go
    back to the game, I am switched back to the desktop with the following Fatal
    Error:

    Unable to set OpenGL context.

    this is followed by hl.exe - Application Error

    The instruction at "0x0a6e2ad9" referenced memory at "0x0a984230". The
    memory could not be "read".
    Click on OK to terminate the program.

    Any ideas. Like I said, I had this problem before, one day, it vanished.
    When I reinstalled the software, the problem re-appeared, and its annoying
    cuz I have a norton firewall running, and everytime a hacker attempts to
    hack me, I get a warning message, which switches me to desktop. I can turn
    that off, but I still want to be able to switch between the game and
    desktop, I could before!

    Thanx

    Specs:
    P4 2.53GHz, 1024 MB DDR 333 RAM, 80GB, 120GB SATA, WinXP SP1 with all
    updates, Matrox G550, M-Audio Delta 1010LT Audiocard, SoundBlaster Live
    Platinum Soundcard, Firewire Card.
    Ben, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Ben

    °Mike° Guest

    Update your video card drivers, and DirectX.

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:19:36 -0000, in
    <NIL_b.8825$>
    Ben scrawled:

    --