    What do I need to open/extract or whatever?
    Thanks

    ---
    Tomm, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Tomm

    Ionizer Guest

    "Tomm" <> wrote in message
    news:3f82c21c$0$6623$...
    > I downloaded a film but the file is in .rmvb.
    > What do I need to open/extract or whatever?
    > Thanks
    >

    > ---

    It's a Real Media variable bitrate file, requiring RealPlayer. Ugh.

    Or try the unofficial, lightweight alternative to RealPlayer, "Real
    Alternative" from the downloads area of this page: http://doa2.host.sk/

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Tomm

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Tomm" <> wrote in news:3f82c21c$0$6623
    $:

    > I downloaded a film but the file is in .rmvb.
    > What do I need to open/extract or whatever?
    > Thanks

    <http://www.rmvb.com/>

    What could be clearer than that?

    > ---

    Could I ask you, as politely as I can, to turn off this particular sig?
    Petit Alexi, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Tomm

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Tomm

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in news:bluj4m$g9dfo$1@ID-
    120824.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > "Petit Alexi" <> wrote in message
    >> "Tomm" <> wrote in news:3f82c21c$0$6623
    >> $:
    >>
    >> <http://www.rmvb.com/>
    >>
    >> What could be clearer than that?

    > Well, this could:
    > http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=rmvb&Submit2=Go!

    Yes, that is a little bit clearer.
    Petit Alexi, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Tomm

    Harrison Guest

    Packard Bell used to use an mvb format for their help and tutorial
    files. It used Microsoft Multimedia Player to run the files.
    If the file is old enough, it could be one of those.
    Good Luck finding a player for it!

    Harrison, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Tomm

    Petit Alexi Guest

    Harrison <> wrote in

    > Packard Bell

    Hello,

    Xnews has a command called "get parent", perhaps one of the agenteers can
    say what the agent equivalent is.

    That way you could post a reply directly to the OP, without needing to
    piggy back it off one of my posts. I don't care if you piggy back off my
    posts or not, but some people are funny about this kind of stuff.
    Petit Alexi, Oct 7, 2003