    application taking a large portion of the processor time. Any
    suggestions about a fix? There may be a tweak somewhere I haven't
    thought about?

    Gary, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Have you checked MSCONFIG to see what programs are starting with the
    computer? Go to start ->run and type in msconfig. Click on the startup tab
    and uncheck any unnecessary programs from starting with the pc and then
    restart.

    If that doesn't work, right click on my computer, left click properties,
    click the advanced tab, then performance, choose optimize for programs and
    apply.

    Let us know if that makes a difference.

    PC Tech Solutions
    http://pctech-solutions.com

    PC Tech Solutions, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    My Computer properties are set to the default settings and I have a
    minimum number of programs starting. This is not the problem. I also
    have the problem when it begins in Safe Mode, so the issue is elsewhere.

    Gary, Mar 12, 2007