    with IE.

    My Agent version is 1.93/32 576 and have no real wish to change it.

    Thanks.

    Obsidion, Jun 16, 2007

  2. Obsidion

    Obsidion Guest

    Now it lauches firefox, but nothing happens, just a blank adress box
    and nothing :(

    So sad.

    Obsidion, Jun 16, 2007

  3. Obsidion

    Guest

    On Jun 16, 8:08 am, Obsidion <Obsidion> wrote:
    > I told it to open them with Firefox and pointed to Fiefox location,
    > but it opens with IE. What esle to I need to click to get it to open
    > with IE.
    >
    > My Agent version is 1.93/32 576 and have no real wish to change it.
    >
    > Thanks.

    make FF the default program: Tools, Options, General and its in the
    middle.

    , Jun 16, 2007
  4. Obsidion

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 01:08:28 +1000, in message <>,
    Obsidion wrote:

    > I told it

    "It" being Microsoft Windows, or Forté Agent?

    > to open them with Firefox and pointed to Fiefox location,
    > but it opens with IE. What esle to I need to click to get it to open
    > with IE.

    The usual way, which is

    1. Set Firefox as your default browser in Windows.

    2. Configure Agent to
    (•) Use Windows registry associations

    as well as
    [x] Enable highlighting and launching <--- check-marked
    [ ] Remove URL prefix when launching <--- NOT check-marked

    I trust you know that each URL type (in the drop-down list) has its
    own settings.

    I might guess that the type of URLs which you want to open are
    "http:" URLs, but you are the one who would know.

    > My Agent version is 1.93/32 576 and have no real wish to change it.

    For launching URLs, there is no difference between Agent 1.93 and
    more recent versions. So you are not going to be told to change it.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Jun 17, 2007
  5. Obsidion

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:11:00 +1000, in message <>,
    Obsidion wrote:

    > Now it lauches firefox, but nothing happens, just a blank adress box
    > and nothing :(
    >
    > So sad.

    Works for me. Happy here. :)

    If the problem has changed for you, then you have changed something or
    you are doing something differently.

    It's hard to know why you would have this problem, as I cannot see
    your settings.

    One possible cause is a combination of these four things

    1. You already have Firefox running when you launch the URL
    2. You are using "Use Custom settings" (not "use Windows registry settings").
    3. You have a check-mark in the box "Use DDE"
    4. The DDE settings to the right of "Use DDE" are not the
    settings which Firefox needs. (Each browser has its own
    individual DDE settings, different to other browsers.)

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Jun 17, 2007