    Is there anyone with similar problem and any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Richard Poon

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQb29u?=, Jul 25, 2005

  2. The access point's beacon must contain a flag for secure encryption if our
    UI is showing "Security Enabled". Open network association can be paired
    with encryption. In fact, the Shared association method is pretty much
    non-existant these days. Even WPA and WPA2 use an Open association model.

    What access point and firmware version are you using?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Jul 25, 2005

  3. Hi Jerry,

    Thank you for your prompt response. We are using Proxim AP-4000 v2.6.0.
    Just got confirmation from the vendor that there is a bug on the software and
    will be fixed in the next version.

    Thanks
    Richard Poon

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQb29u?=, Jul 25, 2005