    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Defenestrate Windows!

    Parko, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Parko

    Scraggy Guest

    Parko wrote:
    > Found a good link to a source of Open Source software - that is free
    > software - available for Windows users. Downloadable as a CD if you
    > have broadband, or individual packages by visiting the URLs listed
    > next to the application name in View Contents. Have fun!
    > http://pmw.myip.org/oss/

    Neat....cheers mate!

    Scraggy, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Parko

    Tom Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:48:50 GMT,
    Parko <> wrote:
    > Found a good link to a source of Open Source software - that is free
    > software - available for Windows users. Downloadable as a CD if you have
    > broadband, or individual packages by visiting the URLs listed next to the
    > application name in View Contents. Have fun!
    > http://pmw.myip.org/oss/

    You should never download or use Open Source Software. Because the
    source code is not protected anyone can change the code and turn
    your computer into a smoking heap of useless electronic parts.
    You should only use Microsoft products because we all know that Microsoft
    Windows is a safe product, because no one knows what the software code is.
    As a result of the secret source code virus, Trojans and worms do not
    effect Microsoft Windows products and the consumer is protected.

    Tom, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Parko

    madmax Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:48:50 GMT,
    > Parko <> wrote:
    >
    >>Found a good link to a source of Open Source software - that is free
    >>software - available for Windows users. Downloadable as a CD if you have
    >>broadband, or individual packages by visiting the URLs listed next to the
    >>application name in View Contents. Have fun!
    >>http://pmw.myip.org/oss/

    > You should never download or use Open Source Software. Because the
    > source code is not protected anyone can change the code and turn
    > your computer into a smoking heap of useless electronic parts.
    > You should only use Microsoft products because we all know that Microsoft
    > Windows is a safe product, because no one knows what the software code is.
    > As a result of the secret source code virus, Trojans and worms do not
    > effect Microsoft Windows products and the consumer is protected.

    Now that's funny:)
    -max

    --
    Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
    Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
    Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Sygate Personal Firewall
    http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
    Avast! For Home
    Eraser 5.3
    http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
    CwShredder
    HijackThis
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    Thunderbird
    Firefox

    This message is virus free as far I can tell
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
    Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

    madmax, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Parko

    Parko Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:05:50 +0000, Tom wrote:

    > You should never download or use Open Source Software. Because the
    > source code is not protected anyone can change the code and turn
    > your computer into a smoking heap of useless electronic parts.
    > You should only use Microsoft products because we all know that Microsoft
    > Windows is a safe product, because no one knows what the software code is.
    > As a result of the secret source code virus, Trojans and worms do not
    > effect Microsoft Windows products and the consumer is protected.

    And you should always allow install on demand, ActivX controls, put
    everything in your trusted zone, never ever use passwords, and always
    trust content from Microsoft, especially Windows Media Player 9, because
    Microsoft is the bestest and mostest morally and legally responsible
    company in the whole universe, except for...
    http://tinyurl.com/38clf
    http://tinyurl.com/26o7k
    http://tinyurl.com/yt4eb
    ....and there are a few more that are just so good I can't even begin to
    list them all. But I always think globally, and shop locally.

    Parko, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Parko

    Rick Arding Guest

    >On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:05:50 +0000, Tom wrote:
    >

    >> You should never download or use Open Source Software. Because the
    >> source code is not protected anyone can change the code and turn

    <snip>

    then on Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:36:29 GMT, Parko wrote:
    >And you should always allow install on demand, ActivX controls, put
    >everything in your trusted zone, never ever use passwords, and always

    <snip>

    And always use the same password for every site you go too. This
    should be your credit card number, that way you always have your
    password handy.
    --
    Black holes are where God divided by zero

    Rick Arding, Jun 11, 2004