    open-source equipment.

    We are all safer because of this decision. (And its implications are
    huge. Think of voting systems, for one.)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:23:23 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > People have the right to confront their accuser. People have a right to
    > examine the evidence against them, and to contet the validity of that
    > evidence. As more and more evidence is collected by software, this means
    > open-source equipment.

    This is fundemental to the working of democracy. The accused must have the
    evidence present against her in away that the public at large can
    understand.

    This is yet another front whose fire power has opened up against closed
    source programmes.

    How society chooses to use technology is really the important question.
    For technology is neutral.
    Gordon, Oct 16, 2005