    Some have suggested that open-source anti-virus wouldn't work, since the
    virus writers could see the strategies being used against them, and react
    accordingly. Nice to see this not being borne out by the facts...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 9, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Tony Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Interesting results <http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1300> from
    > the "AntiVirus Fight Club": the open-source ClamAV tool scores among the
    > top.
    >
    > Some have suggested that open-source anti-virus wouldn't work, since the
    > virus writers could see the strategies being used against them, and react
    > accordingly. Nice to see this not being borne out by the facts...

    Unfortunately I have had to remove clamav from all but low volume
    personal systems lately as performance has turned to crap.
    Tony, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Steve Guest

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:00:11 +1200, Tony wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Interesting results <http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1300> from
    >> the "AntiVirus Fight Club": the open-source ClamAV tool scores among the
    >> top.
    >>
    >> Some have suggested that open-source anti-virus wouldn't work, since the
    >> virus writers could see the strategies being used against them, and react
    >> accordingly. Nice to see this not being borne out by the facts...

    > Unfortunately I have had to remove clamav from all but low volume
    > personal systems lately as performance has turned to crap.

    Dunno what you mean by crap performance, but our mail server gets about
    half a million emails a day to process, and clamav works fine for me.
    Installed as a sendmail milter, version 0.91.1
    Steve, Aug 10, 2007