    open the case.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Norm
    Norm, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Norm

    °Mike° Guest

    Something like this?
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/slots.gif

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:35:19 GMT, in
    <HMXhc.1354$>
    Norm scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Norm

    John Holmes Guest

    Norm came up with this:

    > Am I having a senior moment or do I recall a Windows app that showed a
    > graphic of the MOBO and the open slots by type, i.e., PCI, ISA, etc?
    >
    > To make matters worse, I just spent 30 minutes looking for it on my
    > Win98SE system. That's how sure I was that I had seen such an animal.
    >
    > I need to install a card and I would like to know what is available
    > BEFORE I open the case.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >

    > Norm

    aida32. Use your favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
    know what a search engine is.

    --
    -John Holmes-
    John Holmes, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Norm

    Norm Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
    favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
    > know what a search engine is.
    >
    > --
    > -John Holmes-

    I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
    about 3 days out of time.

    http://www.aida32.hu/

    * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *

    They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

    Any other brilliant ideas?

    Norm
    Norm, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Norm

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:

    >"John Holmes" <> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
    >favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
    >> know what a search engine is.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -John Holmes-
    >>

    >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
    >about 3 days out of time.

    And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something else.

    >http://www.aida32.hu/
    >
    >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    >
    >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

    Not exactly.....

    >Any other brilliant ideas?

    http://www.aida32.hu/

    at the bottom of the page

    Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.

    http://www.lavalys.com

    Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights reserved.

    * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
    seconds...

    * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *

    Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,

    http://www.lavalys.com/

    Read the page , it says -

    Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
    Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
    information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
    users.

    Me
    why?, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Norm

    Norm Guest

    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
    >

    > >"John Holmes" <> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
    > >favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
    > >> know what a search engine is.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> -John Holmes-
    > >>

    > >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
    > >about 3 days out of time.

    > And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something else.
    >
    > >http://www.aida32.hu/
    > >
    > >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    > >
    > >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

    > Not exactly.....
    >
    > >Any other brilliant ideas?

    > http://www.aida32.hu/
    >
    > at the bottom of the page
    >
    > Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
    >
    > http://www.lavalys.com
    >
    > Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights reserved.
    >
    > * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
    > seconds...
    >
    > * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    >

    > Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,
    >
    > http://www.lavalys.com/
    >

    > Read the page , it says -
    >

    > Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
    > Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
    > information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
    > users.
    >

    > Me

    Yeah, brilliant, f*cking brilliant.

    Have you tried to dl this app? I think not.

    Been trying all day and the best I get is b/sec not Kb/sec.

    At that rate it would take untill this time tomorrow to DL.

    BTW, who says that Everest Home is the exact same app as Aida32?

    Nprm
    Norm, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Norm

    trout Guest

    why? wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
    >

    >> "John Holmes" <> wrote in message > aida32. Use
    >> your favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you
    >>> know what a search engine is.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> -John Holmes-
    >>>

    >> I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you
    >> are about 3 days out of time.

    > And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something
    > else.

    <snip>

    > Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
    > Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
    > information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
    > users.
    >

    > Me

    Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For example:
    "Old freeware never dies. It just gets harder to find."
    trout, Apr 23, 2004
  8. Norm

    Boomer Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in

    > "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
    >>

    >> >"John Holmes" <> wrote in message > aida32.
    >> >Use your favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you

    >> >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me
    >> >you are about 3 days out of time.

    >> And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something
    >> else.
    >>
    >> >http://www.aida32.hu/
    >> >
    >> >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    >> >
    >> >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

    >> Not exactly.....
    >>
    >> >Any other brilliant ideas?

    >> http://www.aida32.hu/
    >>
    >> at the bottom of the page
    >>
    >> Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
    >>
    >> http://www.lavalys.com
    >>
    >> Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights
    >> reserved.
    >>
    >> * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
    >> seconds...
    >>
    >> * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    >>

    >> Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,
    >>
    >> http://www.lavalys.com/
    >>

    >> Read the page , it says -
    >>

    >> Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
    >> Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
    >> information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for
    >> home PC users.
    >>

    >> Me

    > Yeah, brilliant, f*cking brilliant.
    >
    > Have you tried to dl this app? I think not.
    >
    > Been trying all day and the best I get is b/sec not Kb/sec.
    >
    > At that rate it would take untill this time tomorrow to DL.
    >
    > BTW, who says that Everest Home is the exact same app as Aida32?
    >
    > Nprm

    I did a search for aida32+download and found a few sites that have it
    archived. Here's one.
    Boomer, Apr 23, 2004
  9. Blinky the Shark, Apr 23, 2004
  10. Norm

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:00:27 GMT, Norm wrote:

    >> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:40:05 GMT, Norm wrote:
    >>

    >> >"John Holmes" <> wrote in message > aida32. Use your
    >> >favorite search engine to find it. Well, only if you

    >> >I managed to figure out what a search engine is and it tells me you are
    >> >about 3 days out of time.

    >> And if a 3rd party withdraws thier site it you look for something else.
    >>
    >> >http://www.aida32.hu/
    >> >
    >> >* AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    >> >
    >> >They are so damn efficient, they pulled the plug universally.

    >> Not exactly.....
    >>
    >> >Any other brilliant ideas?

    >> http://www.aida32.hu/
    >>
    >> at the bottom of the page
    >>
    >> Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc.
    >>
    >> http://www.lavalys.com
    >>
    >> Copyright © 2004 Lavalys Consulting Group, Inc. - All rights reserved.
    >>
    >> * You will be automatically redirected to Lavalys web site in 30
    >> seconds...
    >>
    >> * AIDA32.HU, THE WEB SITE OF AIDA32 IS CLOSED *
    >>

    >> Wait the 30 seconds or click the link,
    >>
    >> http://www.lavalys.com/
    >>

    >> Read the page , it says -
    >>

    >> Unleash the Power of EVEREST for Free!
    >> Lavalys today unveiled EVEREST Home Edition, a freeware system
    >> information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC
    >> users.
    >>

    >> Me

    >Yeah, brilliant, f*cking brilliant.

    What a moaning git you are.

    >Have you tried to dl this app? I think not.

    Nope, why should I? It's you looking for some diag info. Besides I
    downloaded the last ver of AIDA only 3 weeks ago or so.

    >Been trying all day and the best I get is b/sec not Kb/sec.

    Complain to your ISP?

    Getting 2.2Kb/sec.

    >At that rate it would take untill this time tomorrow to DL.
    >
    >BTW, who says that Everest Home is the exact same app as Aida32?

    Nobody exactly,
    http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=view&article=8

    >Nprm

    Look for a download mirror, several still have the last version (393
    PE).

    Me
    why?, Apr 24, 2004
  11. Norm

    Norm Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > trout wrote:
    >
    > > Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For example:
    > > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

    > If "a number of sites" implies that it's getting scarce, I'll stick it on
    > my freeware page. If it's actually all over the place, I won't bother.
    > Whatcha think?
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux Register User 4892F
    > AOL Diary: (New 4/22) http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    > Nigerian Scam From Space http://snipurl.com/iss419
    > New Windows - Don't Wait For Longhorn! http://snipurl.com/newwin

    Sheesh,

    Let me start over.

    I am looking for a Win98SE app that will execute and provide a graphic of my
    MOBO (Intel SE 440BX) showing which slots are occupied and (most important)
    which slots are empty. If not a graphic, then a text report that provides
    the same info.

    Aida32 doesn't do that.

    TIA again.

    Norm

    PS - If you don't have anything constructive to add, then keep it to
    yourself (except Mike)
    Norm, Apr 24, 2004
  12. Norm

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:18:33 GMT, in
    <tniic.1410$>
    Norm scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Sheesh,
    >
    >Let me start over.
    >
    >I am looking for a Win98SE app that will execute and provide a graphic of my
    >MOBO (Intel SE 440BX) showing which slots are occupied and (most important)
    >which slots are empty. If not a graphic, then a text report that provides
    >the same info.
    >
    >Aida32 doesn't do that.

    Yes, it does. Computer / DMI / System Slots.

    >TIA again.
    >
    >Norm
    >
    >PS - If you don't have anything constructive to add, then keep it to
    >yourself (except Mike)

    You're lucky you got *any* responses, including from me, with
    that attitude.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 24, 2004
  13. Norm

    Norm Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:18:33 GMT, in
    > <tniic.1410$>
    > Norm scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >Sheesh,
    > >
    > >Let me start over.
    > >
    > >I am looking for a Win98SE app that will execute and provide a graphic of

    my
    > >MOBO (Intel SE 440BX) showing which slots are occupied and (most

    important)
    > >which slots are empty. If not a graphic, then a text report that provides
    > >the same info.
    > >
    > >Aida32 doesn't do that.

    > Yes, it does. Computer / DMI / System Slots.
    >
    > >TIA again.
    > >
    > >Norm
    > >
    > >PS - If you don't have anything constructive to add, then keep it to
    > >yourself (except Mike)

    > You're lucky you got *any* responses, including from me, with
    > that attitude.
    >
    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    Mike,

    I stand corrected.

    I missed the "empty" and "in use" notations.

    This (Aida32) works for me.

    Thanks, Mike and others

    Norm
    Norm, Apr 24, 2004
  14. Norm

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:45:34 GMT, in
    <OMiic.1413$>
    Norm scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:18:33 GMT, in
    >> <tniic.1410$>
    >> Norm scrawled:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >Sheesh,
    >> >
    >> >Let me start over.
    >> >
    >> >I am looking for a Win98SE app that will execute and provide a graphic of

    >my
    >> >MOBO (Intel SE 440BX) showing which slots are occupied and (most

    >important)
    >> >which slots are empty. If not a graphic, then a text report that provides
    >> >the same info.
    >> >
    >> >Aida32 doesn't do that.

    >> Yes, it does. Computer / DMI / System Slots.
    >>
    >> >TIA again.
    >> >
    >> >Norm
    >> >
    >> >PS - If you don't have anything constructive to add, then keep it to
    >> >yourself (except Mike)

    >> You're lucky you got *any* responses, including from me, with
    >> that attitude.
    >>

    >Mike,
    >
    >I stand corrected.
    >
    >I missed the "empty" and "in use" notations.
    >
    >This (Aida32) works for me.
    >
    >Thanks, Mike and others
    >
    >Norm

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 24, 2004
  15. Norm

    trout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >
    >> Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For
    >> example: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

    > If "a number of sites" implies that it's getting scarce, I'll stick
    > it on my freeware page. If it's actually all over the place, I won't
    > bother. Whatcha think?

    Dunno, really. I've seen just two, offhand. I'm surprised it didn't
    get more of a chat in acf; but I've just seen a couple of references to
    the new 'replacement' program. I don't really need another diagnostic
    program, so I'm waiting to see a little bit more of what others think
    about "Everest" before commenting or recommending it.
    As for Aida; if you've got the space, it *might* be a good idea. At
    least until it's clear if it'll remain available elsewhere.
    --
    "Your call."
    trout, Apr 24, 2004
  16. Norm

    Boomer Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> trout wrote:
    >>
    >>> Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For
    >>> example: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

    >> If "a number of sites" implies that it's getting scarce, I'll
    >> stick it on my freeware page. If it's actually all over the
    >> place, I won't bother. Whatcha think?

    > Dunno, really. I've seen just two, offhand. I'm surprised it
    > didn't
    > get more of a chat in acf; but I've just seen a couple of
    > references to the new 'replacement' program. I don't really need
    > another diagnostic program, so I'm waiting to see a little bit
    > more of what others think about "Everest" before commenting or
    > recommending it.
    > As for Aida; if you've got the space, it *might* be a good
    > idea. At
    > least until it's clear if it'll remain available elsewhere.

    I archived the personal, professional (or what ever it was called) and
    network versions of Aida32. Just in case!

    --

    I figured the site would go 'poof'.
    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  17. trout wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> trout wrote:

    >>> Also; Aida32 is still available from a number of sites. For
    >>> example: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

    >> If "a number of sites" implies that it's getting scarce, I'll stick
    >> it on my freeware page. If it's actually all over the place, I won't
    >> bother. Whatcha think?

    > Dunno, really. I've seen just two, offhand. I'm surprised it didn't
    > get more of a chat in acf; but I've just seen a couple of references to
    > the new 'replacement' program. I don't really need another diagnostic
    > program, so I'm waiting to see a little bit more of what others think
    > about "Everest" before commenting or recommending it.
    > As for Aida; if you've got the space, it *might* be a good idea. At
    > least until it's clear if it'll remain available elsewhere.

    Will do. Thanks for the input.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 24, 2004