    usual enhanced for widescreen on the back). Is it only available in WS?
    If so that's great... I did notice that Underworld widescreen was out and
    only the fullscreen was on the shelves with a big empty area next to it.

    Klaus, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Klaus

    Bill Binder Guest

    A good many DVDs are widescreen only. Only the blockbusters and family
    favorites are usually available in both - although releasing both is
    more common nowadays.

    Bill Binder

    Bill Binder, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Klaus

    BEARS9 Guest

    Well its 2:35 widescreen. I for one wont buy it. If it was 1:65 I would, I just
    cant stand 2:35 versions
    BEARS9, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Klaus

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "BEARS9" <> wrote in message
    > Well its 2:35 widescreen. I for one wont buy it. If it was 1:65 I

    would, I just
    > cant stand 2:35 versions

    You're missing a lot of good movies due to your stupid prejudice.
    Joshua Zyber, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Klaus

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    ospam (BEARS9) wrote:

    > Well its 2:35 widescreen. I for one wont buy it. If it was 1:65 I would, I
    > just
    > cant stand 2:35 versions

    I'll bet my left testicle your dumbass sits in the movie theatre happily
    watching 2.35:1 films quite often. And to make matters worse, you're
    probably too dumb to even realize it.

    A good majority of the finest movies ever made are 2.35:1 and it's not
    really a coincidence.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Klaus

    Bur Guest

    "Klaus" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Picked up my copy at BB today and noticed they only have the widescreen
    > edition....... But it didn't say widescreen on the case (except for the
    > usual enhanced for widescreen on the back). Is it only available in WS?

    Apparently only released in 2.35:1 by Buena Vista. Can't really blame
    Blockbuster for not having the fullscreen also since there apparently
    isn't one.
    Bur, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Klaus

    Jay G Guest

    Joshua Zyber <> wrote:
    > "BEARS9" <> wrote...
    >> Well its 2:35 widescreen. I for one wont buy it. If it was 1:65 I
    >> would, I just cant stand 2:35 versions

    > You're missing a lot of good movies due to your stupid prejudice.

    Because personal preferences on aspect ratios have absolutely
    no merit, right?

    -Jay
    Jay G, Jan 21, 2004
  8. Klaus

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message
    > Joshua Zyber <> wrote:

    > Because personal preferences on aspect ratios have absolutely
    > no merit, right?

    Well, they do if you're the director or the cinematographer of the movie.

    RichC
    Rich Clark, Jan 21, 2004
  9. Klaus

    Richard C. Guest

    "BEARS9" <> wrote in message
    : Well its 2:35 widescreen. I for one wont buy it. If it was 1:65 I would, I just
    : cant stand 2:35 versions

    ================
    Why? Is the acting bad in 2.35:1 movies?
    Richard C., Jan 21, 2004
  10. Klaus

    Richard C. Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message news:...
    : Joshua Zyber <> wrote:
    : > "BEARS9" <> wrote...
    : >> Well its 2:35 widescreen. I for one wont buy it. If it was 1:65 I
    : >> would, I just cant stand 2:35 versions
    : >
    : > You're missing a lot of good movies due to your stupid prejudice.
    :
    : Because personal preferences on aspect ratios have absolutely
    : no merit, right?
    :
    ==================
    You are correct.
    Richard C., Jan 21, 2004
  11. Klaus

    Scot Gardner Guest

    > > Picked up my copy at BB today and noticed they only have the
    > > widescreen edition....... But it didn't say widescreen on the case
    > > (except for the usual enhanced for widescreen on the back). Is
    > > it only available in WS?

    > Apparently only released in 2.35:1 by Buena Vista. Can't really
    > blame Blockbuster for not having the fullscreen also since there
    > apparently isn't one.

    Maybe the VHS version is pan & scan.

    It would be shame to see any "fullscreen" fans denied the experience of
    seeing only 55% of a 2.35:1 movie.
    Scot Gardner, Jan 21, 2004
  12. Klaus

    BEARS9 Guest

    All you name callers just show people who dislike 2:35 version of films the
    type of person you are.
    BEARS9, Jan 21, 2004
  13. Klaus

    Justin Guest

    BEARS9 wrote on [21 Jan 2004 17:17:55 GMT]:
    > All you name callers just show people who dislike 2:35 version of films the
    > type of person you are.

    Smart? Discerning?
    Justin, Jan 21, 2004
  14. Klaus

    Zimmy Guest

    The problem is, since the wonderful invention of Stupid35, every hack
    director is shooting 2:35 for their movies even when it is not necessary.
    You should be forced to use anamorphic lenses or shoot Super35 hard matted
    (make them think twice about using it).
    American Wedding????

    Open Range is the perfect film for 2:35, not American Wedding.

    Zimmy, Jan 21, 2004
  15. Klaus

    Richard C. Guest

    "BEARS9" <> wrote in message
    : All you name callers just show people who dislike 2:35 version of films the
    : type of person you are.

    ===============
    Yep!

    And all of you retrograde barnies who dislike 2.35 films show us what type of people
    you are.
    By the way. There is only ONE version of any film. The OAR.
    Any other "version" is no longer the actual film.
    Richard C., Jan 21, 2004
  16. Klaus

    BubbCoop Guest

    <Because personal preferences on aspect ratios have absolutely
    no merit, right?

    not if it causes you to miss out on great films.
    BubbCoop, Jan 21, 2004
  17. Klaus

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <20040121112749.818$>,
    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote:

    > Maybe the VHS version is pan & scan.
    >
    > It would be shame to see any "fullscreen" fans denied the experience of
    > seeing only 55% of a 2.35:1 movie.

    Especially with a film such as Open Range. Kevin Kostner takes full
    advantage of the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with many shots featuring
    characters on the far outter edge of the frame. There appears to be no
    compromising so the shots can fit easier in a cramped 1.33:1 TV ratio.
    The pan & scan VHS version has got to be an unwatchable mess. But hey,
    if you rent or buy VHS you get what you deserve.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Jan 22, 2004
  18. Richard C. demonstrates ongoing hypocrisy with:

    > Yep!
    >
    > And all of you retrograde barnies who dislike 2.35 films show us what type of
    > people you are. By the way. There is only ONE version of any film. The OAR.
    > Any other "version" is no longer the actual film. <

    Of course it is.

    Just the same as a Radio-Edit single of an album track is another version of
    the same song.

    Max Christoffersen
    Max Christoffersen, Jan 22, 2004
  19. Klaus

    John Kimble Guest

    >Re: Open Range - Widescreen only?!

    What? Did you expect it to come in a foolscreen version?

    "PLEASE! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!"
    John Kimble, Jan 22, 2004
  20. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Max Christoffersen
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
    > Richard C. demonstrates ongoing hypocrisy with:
    >
    >> Yep!
    >>
    >> And all of you retrograde barnies who dislike 2.35 films show us
    >> what type of people you are. By the way. There is only ONE version
    >> of any film. The OAR. Any other "version" is no longer the actual
    >> film. <

    > Of course it is.
    >
    > Just the same as a Radio-Edit single of an album track is another
    > version of the same song.

    No, its not. A "radio edit" is a shorter version that most of the time
    has content edited or the song shortened for radio play. Henseforth,
    its not the song that the band/musician intended people to hear.

    And please, I don't need to hear your crap about "but its how they
    get popular" and crap like that. I've heard it from you a thousand times
    already Max and I'm sick of it.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    A reminder to the world....
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Jan 22, 2004