    Is there an utility to open PST (Outlook) files?
    Thanks.
    Giovanni

    GRL, May 3, 2005

  2. GRL

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "GRL" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Is there an utility to open PST (Outlook) files?
    > Thanks.
    > Giovanni

    Outlook?

    (sorry...just had to...)

    Toolman Tim, May 3, 2005

  3. GRL

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 19:03:54 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >Outlook?

    Notepad will work too.

    Evan Platt, May 3, 2005
  4. GRL

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, May 3, 2005
  5. GRL

    Voltardo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >"GRL" <> wrote in message news:...
    >

    >>Is there an utility to open PST (Outlook) files?
    >>Thanks.
    >>Giovanni
    >>

    >Outlook?
    >
    >(sorry...just had to...)

    LOL I was expecting that :)

    Voltardo, May 3, 2005
  6. GRL

    GRL Guest

    Apart from Outlook, of course. I think that the pst format is copyrighted by
    MS, if not it's difficult to understand why there aren't viewers/managers
    for these files. For example, for OE things are different.
    Thanks to all.
    Giovanni

    GRL, May 3, 2005
  7. GRL

    GRL Guest

    From the home page of "MailNavigator":
    " The format of MS Outlook mail archives (*.pst) is protected by Microsoft.
    Therefore, in MailNavigator, *.pst files can be accessed only indirectly,
    with the help of Outlook-OLE. In effect, a search of messages in Outlook
    folders is achieved by Outlook's own resources. ".
    So, it seems really that there is not the possibility to find a (legal)
    program to open pst files without using, directly or indirectly, Outlook.

    GRL, May 4, 2005
  8. GRL

    MailSavR

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Read PST without Outlook

    I found a program that can read pst files but I can't post the link here since I'm a new poster. The website to go to is sharewaregenie.com and search that site for PST Walker.

    I rescued my PST file from a dying hard drive but no longer had access to Outlook so I couldn't get the data back. I had to get my email back since there was information I needed and I had software keys for about 10 programs on it that I never backed up. After checking dozens of blogs and forums, it seemed the only way to move the data was to have Outlook installed.

    Pst Walker let me read pst files directly and copy any attachments I need to other locations. I got all my data back and it saved my contacts too. I didn't like paying the registration fee but it was better than losing all my contacts and data in my email.

    I must have searched through more than 20 forums and blogs before I found this solution so I'm passing this information along to every site I visited. I appreciate the help I get from these forums and blogs and I'm happy I can give something back.

    MailSavR

    MailSavR, Feb 15, 2009
  9. GRL

    VoltageSpike

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    PST Viewer

    Try pstviewer dot com. There is also a COM component called MVCOM that can let you open .pst files without mapi. Should be easy to google, but I can't post links so, you're on your own.

    VoltageSpike, Nov 9, 2009