Open Port QuickSearch

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Jay Calvert, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Jay Calvert

    Jay Calvert Guest

    Habanero Networks is pleased to announce that it has aquired permission
    to use the Ports List that has been compiled by Neohapsis and is now
    incorporated into the new Open Port QuickSearch.

    The Open Port QuickSearch is a new tool that allows those curious as to
    what ports are listening on a computer, awaiting remote connections and
    what is the application or service behind them. The Open Port
    QuickSearch is incorporated with a tutorial on how to effectively find
    the open ports, identify the nature, and to make an informed decision of
    whether to allow the application or service to continue to execute.

    This is the second tool in the last month that has been added to the
    site, further enhancing the educational value and extending it's
    resourcefulness to the reader. Last month Habanero Networks unveiled the
    Startup QuickSearch, another handy tool for determining what
    applications are starting up at system startup or user logon and whether
    those applications are acceptable, a virus, spyware, adware or other
    malware. All which the user might take action upon.

    Habanero Networks has been working hard in the past few months to
    further enhance the functionality and educational value of the site for
    it's readers. There are plans to add more tools and to develop some
    applications to further educate it's readers on keeping their computer
    safe from viruses, spyware, malware and hackers.

    For more information on the Open Port QuickSearch visit
    http://habaneronetworks.com/ports.php or, for the Startup QuickSearch
    visit http://habaneronetworks.com/startup.php.

    Jay Calvert, Apr 6, 2005

  2. On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:27:44 +0100, Jay Calvert <>
    wrote:

    >Habanero Networks is pleased to announce that it has aquired permission
    >to use the Ports List that has been compiled by Neohapsis and is now
    >incorporated into the new Open Port QuickSearch.
    >
    >The Open Port QuickSearch is a new tool that allows those curious as to
    >what ports are listening on a computer, awaiting remote connections and
    >what is the application or service behind them. The Open Port
    >QuickSearch is incorporated with a tutorial on how to effectively find
    >the open ports, identify the nature, and to make an informed decision of
    >whether to allow the application or service to continue to execute.
    >
    >This is the second tool in the last month that has been added to the
    >site, further enhancing the educational value and extending it's
    >resourcefulness to the reader. Last month Habanero Networks unveiled the
    >Startup QuickSearch, another handy tool for determining what
    >applications are starting up at system startup or user logon and whether
    >those applications are acceptable, a virus, spyware, adware or other
    >malware. All which the user might take action upon.
    >
    >Habanero Networks has been working hard in the past few months to
    >further enhance the functionality and educational value of the site for
    >it's readers. There are plans to add more tools and to develop some
    >applications to further educate it's readers on keeping their computer
    >safe from viruses, spyware, malware and hackers.
    >

    >For more information on the Open Port QuickSearch visit
    >http://habaneronetworks.com/ports.php or, for the Startup QuickSearch
    >visit http://habaneronetworks.com/startup.php.

    Yes, you told is this last month - spammer
    --

    Regards,
    Ian Kenefick

    Ian JP Kenefick, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Jay Calvert

    Jay Calvert Guest

    Ian JP Kenefick wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:27:44 +0100, Jay Calvert <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Habanero Networks is pleased to announce that it has aquired permission
    >>to use the Ports List that has been compiled by Neohapsis and is now
    >>incorporated into the new Open Port QuickSearch.
    >>
    >>The Open Port QuickSearch is a new tool that allows those curious as to
    >>what ports are listening on a computer, awaiting remote connections and
    >>what is the application or service behind them. The Open Port
    >>QuickSearch is incorporated with a tutorial on how to effectively find
    >>the open ports, identify the nature, and to make an informed decision of
    >>whether to allow the application or service to continue to execute.
    >>
    >>This is the second tool in the last month that has been added to the
    >>site, further enhancing the educational value and extending it's
    >>resourcefulness to the reader. Last month Habanero Networks unveiled the
    >>Startup QuickSearch, another handy tool for determining what
    >>applications are starting up at system startup or user logon and whether
    >>those applications are acceptable, a virus, spyware, adware or other
    >>malware. All which the user might take action upon.
    >>
    >>Habanero Networks has been working hard in the past few months to
    >>further enhance the functionality and educational value of the site for
    >>it's readers. There are plans to add more tools and to develop some
    >>applications to further educate it's readers on keeping their computer
    >>safe from viruses, spyware, malware and hackers.
    >>

    >>For more information on the Open Port QuickSearch visit
    >>http://habaneronetworks.com/ports.php or, for the Startup QuickSearch
    >>visit http://habaneronetworks.com/startup.php.

    > Yes, you told is this last month - spammer

    No, I didn't, I just finished the pages tonight.

    Jay Calvert

    Jay Calvert, Apr 6, 2005
  4. On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:01:55 +0100, Jay Calvert <>
    wrote:

    >Ian JP Kenefick wrote:
    >> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:27:44 +0100, Jay Calvert <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Habanero Networks is pleased to announce that it has aquired permission
    >>>to use the Ports List that has been compiled by Neohapsis and is now
    >>>incorporated into the new Open Port QuickSearch.
    >>>
    >>>The Open Port QuickSearch is a new tool that allows those curious as to
    >>>what ports are listening on a computer, awaiting remote connections and
    >>>what is the application or service behind them. The Open Port
    >>>QuickSearch is incorporated with a tutorial on how to effectively find
    >>>the open ports, identify the nature, and to make an informed decision of
    >>>whether to allow the application or service to continue to execute.
    >>>
    >>>This is the second tool in the last month that has been added to the
    >>>site, further enhancing the educational value and extending it's
    >>>resourcefulness to the reader. Last month Habanero Networks unveiled the
    >>>Startup QuickSearch, another handy tool for determining what
    >>>applications are starting up at system startup or user logon and whether
    >>>those applications are acceptable, a virus, spyware, adware or other
    >>>malware. All which the user might take action upon.
    >>>
    >>>Habanero Networks has been working hard in the past few months to
    >>>further enhance the functionality and educational value of the site for
    >>>it's readers. There are plans to add more tools and to develop some
    >>>applications to further educate it's readers on keeping their computer
    >>>safe from viruses, spyware, malware and hackers.
    >>>

    >>>For more information on the Open Port QuickSearch visit
    >>>http://habaneronetworks.com/ports.php or, for the Startup QuickSearch
    >>>visit http://habaneronetworks.com/startup.php.

    >> Yes, you told is this last month - spammer

    >No, I didn't, I just finished the pages tonight.
    >
    >Jay Calvert

    Hands up who has seen this guy post this message or similar before. I
    think it was the startup one you focussed on the last time. Why don't
    you partake in the newsgroup besides spamming it?
    --

    Regards,
    Ian Kenefick

    Ian JP Kenefick, Apr 6, 2005
  5. Jay Calvert

    Far Canal Guest

    Ian JP Kenefick wrote

    > Hands up who has seen this guy post this message or similar before. I
    > think it was the startup one you focussed on the last time. Why don't
    > you partake in the newsgroup besides spamming it?

    10 posts this year - only 5 mention his site - I don't see any
    shareware or pay software on his site - his posts are no
    different to any of the others who post here who've got sites.

    You are totally wrong calling him a spammer.

    Far Canal, Apr 6, 2005
  6. On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:31:40 +0100, Far Canal <> wrote:

    >Ian JP Kenefick wrote
    >

    >> Hands up who has seen this guy post this message or similar before. I
    >> think it was the startup one you focussed on the last time. Why don't
    >> you partake in the newsgroup besides spamming it?
    >>

    >10 posts this year - only 5 mention his site - I don't see any
    >shareware or pay software on his site - his posts are no
    >different to any of the others who post here who've got sites.
    >
    >You are totally wrong calling him a spammer.

    By definition I am not.
    --

    Regards,
    Ian Kenefick

    Ian JP Kenefick, Apr 6, 2005
  7. Jay Calvert

    Far Canal Guest

    Ian JP Kenefick wrote

    > >You are totally wrong calling him a spammer.

    > By definition I am not.

    In that case, you'd better start complaining about all the others
    who mention sites.

    Here's one to start with -

    Far Canal, Apr 7, 2005
  8. On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 00:07:23 +0100, Far Canal <> wrote:

    >In that case, you'd better start complaining about all the others
    >who mention sites.
    >
    >Here's one to start with -

    What's this? Where's wally? I don't see the spam.

    --

    Regards,
    Ian Kenefick

    Ian JP Kenefick, Apr 7, 2005
  9. Jay Calvert

    AvianFlux Guest

    Well, I, for one, appreciate Jay's post - or repost.

    Bookmarked the links.

    Thanks!

    AvianFlux, Apr 7, 2005
  10. why is it that if one person mentions a link in a message then some people
    think they are spammers??
    my opinion of a spammer is some one who posts lots of postings to different
    groups trying to sell things on their sites. and has nothing to do with the
    group. also the link has nothing to do with the message as a reply to help
    the groups users/user

    steves-place www.bigun.serverbox.org, Apr 9, 2005