    Is there any software that will allow you to kill the connection of phantom
    users that log into your system or something similar?

    -A

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=, Mar 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    Dave Guest

    that is port 80 on your computer?? or you connecting out to port 80 on some
    other computer? the first means that you are running a web server and
    someone is connecting to it... if you don't want to run a web server then
    turn it off. if you don't have something listening on a port no one can
    connect to it. also turn on your firewall if you don't want incoming
    connections. if that program is showing you connecting out to another
    computer on port 80 then that is just an automatic update or something else
    going to a remote web server, which could be perfectly normal, or could be
    the sign of a virus or worm.

    Dave, Mar 2, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=

    James Gockel Guest

    to find out if someone is able to see anything on port 80 on your computer,
    open IE.. and goto http://127.0.0.1:80

    if it is outgoing, it could be you going to websites? or some other software
    running and checking for updates like dave says. :)

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Hi
    That is what Firewalls do, they keep ports closed, and open them for
    comunication out when needed.
    Internet, Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html
    Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html
    Assemble Freeware Security suit for Internet Connection:
    http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 2, 2006