    In other words, are the files from one readable by the other and is
    the rendering (essentially) the same?
    Or are they totally different except for use?
    Robert Baer, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Robert Baer

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 05:15:22 +0000, Robert Baer wrote:

    > Is there a compatibility problem?
    > In other words, are the files from one readable by the other and is
    > the rendering (essentially) the same?
    > Or are they totally different except for use?

    Open Office will read Microsoft Office files and save in Microsoft format.
    OO easily reads PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents, but I don't believe
    Microsoft reads any of the OO file formats, so if you want compatibility
    with Microsoft you have to save your Open Office files in a Microsoft
    format.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Robert Baer

    j1mb0jay Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Is there a compatibility problem?
    > In other words, are the files from one readable by the other and is
    > the rendering (essentially) the same?
    > Or are they totally different except for use?

    Support the freeware, use OO.
    --
    Regards JJ (UWA)
    j1mb0jay, Feb 15, 2007