    built into my Excel spreadsheets. Is there an easy way to solve this,
    other than sticking with Excel?
    , Feb 16, 2008

  2. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I would like to switch to Open Office Calc rather than MS Excel, but I
    > find the Open Office application is not able to use the Macros I have
    > built into my Excel spreadsheets. Is there an easy way to solve this,
    > other than sticking with Excel?

    I remember seeing an article once that said one of the advantages of Star
    Office vs Open Office is the macros in SO are more Excel compatible.
    I've tried to find the article but...
    Other than that I can only suggest you school up on OOO's macro language and
    convert them over.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Feb 16, 2008

  3. why? Guest

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:00:27 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    >I would like to switch to Open Office Calc rather than MS Excel, but I
    >find the Open Office application is not able to use the Macros I have

    No surprise or were you expecting something else? OOo isn't,oddly enough
    licensed to use propriety MS VBA (last time I looked).

    >built into my Excel spreadsheets. Is there an easy way to solve this,

    Rewrite the macros.

    >other than sticking with Excel?

    IIRC Novell at 1 point did a version with VBA. However you most likely
    could

    www.google.com openoffice excel vba

    yourself and see what answers already exist.

    Remember about the user forums at OOo as well.

    Me
    why?, Feb 17, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Feb 17, 8:13 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:00:27 -0800 (PST), wrote:
    > >I would like to switch to Open Office Calc rather than MS Excel, but I
    > >find the Open Office application is not able to use the Macros I have

    > No surprise or were you expecting something else? OOo isn't,oddly enough
    > licensed to use propriety MS VBA (last time I looked).
    >
    > >built into my Excel spreadsheets.  Is there an easy way to solve this,

    > Rewrite the macros.
    >
    > >other than sticking with Excel?

    > IIRC Novell at 1 point did a version with VBA. However you most likely
    > could
    >
    > www.google.comopenoffice excel vba
    >
    > yourself and see what answers already exist.
    >
    > Remember about the user forums at OOo as well.
    >
    > Me

    T hanks so much for both your input. I will check out the Novell
    product, and the OOo users forums.
    Best Regards, Jim
    , Feb 17, 2008