    (There would never be activity at both displays at the same time, it
    would just be a matter of which room I was in.)

    Ted
    (Ted Nolan, Feb 7, 2007

  2. On 02/07/2007 01:29 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
    > When you do File=>New Window (Ctrl-N) on Unix Firefox, is there any
    > way to make the new window come up on a different X display? I would
    > like to have one instance of Firefox with windows on two different displays
    > (There would never be activity at both displays at the same time, it
    > would just be a matter of which room I was in.)
    >

    > Ted

    Most probably this is impossible.

    However, you could create two different instances of Firefox on two
    different displays. You might do this at a command prompt.

    MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 DISPLAY=192.168.0.16:0 firefox

    Probably you would first have to set up x-authorization or configure
    using xhost. Additionally, the new instance of Firefox would need its
    own profile.

    --
    Windows Vista and your freedom in conflict:
    http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2006/10/29/microsoft_vista_eula_analysis/
    Mumia W. (NOSPAM), Feb 8, 2007

  3. In article <eqdsqn$j48$>,
    Mumia W. (NOSPAM) <> wrote:

    >On 02/07/2007 01:29 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
    >> When you do File=>New Window (Ctrl-N) on Unix Firefox, is there any
    >> way to make the new window come up on a different X display? I would
    >> like to have one instance of Firefox with windows on two different displays
    >> (There would never be activity at both displays at the same time, it
    >> would just be a matter of which room I was in.)
    >>

    >> Ted

    >Most probably this is impossible.
    >
    >However, you could create two different instances of Firefox on two
    >different displays. You might do this at a command prompt.
    >
    >MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 DISPLAY=192.168.0.16:0 firefox
    >
    >Probably you would first have to set up x-authorization or configure
    >using xhost. Additionally, the new instance of Firefox would need its
    >own profile.

    Thanks. I know I can create two instances, but that's not what I
    want to do.

    Ted
    (Ted Nolan, Feb 8, 2007