    (who are selling DRM-free music every day - the Compact Disc), or consumer,
    the only people it adds value to are the technology companies who are
    interested in locking consumers to a particular technology platform."

    Wai, Jul 22, 2006

  2. Wai

    Shank Guest

    Wai wrote:
    > "As you know, we've been publicly trying to convince record labels that they
    > should be selling MP3s for a while now."
    >
    > "Our position is simple: DRM doesn't add any value for the artist, label
    > (who are selling DRM-free music every day - the Compact Disc), or consumer,
    > the only people it adds value to are the technology companies who are
    > interested in locking consumers to a particular technology platform."

    It would be nice if they put up something that folk might actually want
    to listen to. Jessica Simpson? ooooog.

    And at double the price of DRM enabled downloads as well.

    --
    Rob

    One reason to smile is that every seven minutes of every day, someone in
    an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.

    Shank, Jul 22, 2006

  3. Wai

    steve Guest

    Wai wrote:

    > "As you know, we've been publicly trying to convince record labels that
    > they should be selling MP3s for a while now."
    >
    > "Our position is simple: DRM doesn't add any value for the artist, label
    > (who are selling DRM-free music every day - the Compact Disc), or
    > consumer, the only people it adds value to are the technology companies
    > who are interested in locking consumers to a particular technology
    > platform."

    Good to hear it. Now the price need only be right.

    steve, Jul 23, 2006