    talking about my Home address. I want to be able to create several icons on
    my desktop that will open immediately to the website I want.

    Thanks

    jowl, Jun 29, 2003

  2. jowl

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... jowl said:

    > How do you set it up so Explorer opens to a certain address? I'm not
    > talking about my Home address. I want to be able to create several icons on
    > my desktop that will open immediately to the website I want.
    >
    > Thanks

    New | Shortcut enter the web address

    Brian H¹©, Jun 29, 2003

  3. jowl

    Miggsee Guest

    Go to the website and send a shortcut to your desktop. File> Send >Shortcut
    to desktop. You could also add them to your Favorites for easy access.

    Miggsee, Jun 29, 2003
  4. jowl

    Paul Batchie Guest

    jowl wrote:

    > How do you set it up so Explorer opens to a certain address? I'm not
    > talking about my Home address. I want to be able to create several icons on
    > my desktop that will open immediately to the website I want.

    You also can add an Address Bar to a Desktop TaskBar; it will
    retain its own history.

    pb

    Paul Batchie, Jun 29, 2003
  5. jowl

    gehenna Guest

    "jowl" <> wrote in message news:<0lBLa.32508$VQ6.13990@lakeread01>...
    > How do you set it up so Explorer opens to a certain address? I'm not
    > talking about my Home address. I want to be able to create several icons on
    > my desktop that will open immediately to the website I want.
    >
    > Thanks

    All of the above methods work but... adding icons to your desktop
    produces "tada" a clutted desktop.

    One idea is to create a folder and put shortcuts in it. Such as a
    games, programz etc folder and only having what you would normally use
    three to four times a session on the desktop ie: my computer, network
    neighborhood, Internet explorer, notepad and so on.

    Another idea is to read a basic html tutorial and make a webpage,
    stick it on the desktop and create all the links you require. If you
    were reaaallly lazy,
    you could look in news:alt.alt.test for something.

    gehenna, Jun 30, 2003
  6. jowl

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:56:10 -0400, jowl wrote:

    >How do you set it up so Explorer opens to a certain address? I'm not
    >talking about my Home address. I want to be able to create several icons on
    >my desktop that will open immediately to the website I want.

    That will give you a cluttered desktop, open several instances of IE is
    just as cluttered as it does not have tabbed windows.
    However, Batch/CMD file, put a shortcut to it in the startup group, add
    a line for each site, this opens 3 copies of IE.

    start <fullpath optional>iexplore.exe http://site1/
    start <fullpath optional>iexplore.exe http://site2/
    start <fullpath optional>iexplore.exe http://site3/

    OTOH install Opera, open all the sites you want , save that as a session
    and use the Open <selected session> at startup.

    Don't like Opera, try Mozilla it has tabbed windows and bookmark this
    group of tabs. Don't know what is it like I have not used that feature
    yet.

    why?, Jun 30, 2003