Open excel file from Windows explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by David Bahde, Jan 24, 2010.

  1. David Bahde

    David Bahde Guest

    I'm having trouble launching excel files from windows explorer; when I
    double click on the file it opens, but it does not come to the front
    over the explorer window.

    If I minimize and then maximize excel the spreadsheet then comes to
    the front. However even doing this sometimes none of the ribbon
    buttons for the spreadsheet are active, I need to minimize / maximize
    again from the toolbar and then I can use the file. Opening the file
    from Excel does not cause these issues.

    I also notice that the windows explorer pane is not always accurate:
    when a spreadsheet opens I immediately see the temporary copy of the
    file in the explorer window, but many times when I close the file the
    explorer view still shows the temporary file. Pressing F5 does not
    clear the listing of the temporary file; I need to navigate to a
    different folder and then come back before the explorer view
    refreshes.

    I do not notice this with other (Word / Access) programs, but that may
    be just because the majority of my work is with excel.

    - The box in advanced options of excel pertaining to other DDE
    programs is unchecked
    - No excel add-in's / bluetooth

    Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Office 2007 Professional