Open an online shop ...advice reqd

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by paradise, Oct 14, 2006.

  1. paradise

    paradise Guest

    The time has come to sell a number of items we sell in our shop...online.
    We presently have a website hosted by webfarm and have access to webshop.
    I would like to hear from others who have designed their own website and
    shop online.

    Any other recomended shops to use.

    I have some issues which I need to address.
    1 Be able to sell in different currencies US AUS NZ UK EURO
    2 If selling in different currencies how can I assure that if its US$25
    that the customer is charged US$25 not the todays rate in NZ$ and converted
    back not accurately to US$25 !
    3 Have facilities to allow for gst ...to remove for overseas buyers.
    4 To choose what country the buyer is from and select what freight to use
    and costs.
    5 What options for shops....
    add on shop to website ?
    external shop on hosts website ?

    What options do we have in NZ ? for a reasonable cost set up and upkeep ?
    We are not a big shop so I have to justify the cost to the amount in return
    expected.

    Ideally I would like to do it myself for the learning experience but I was
    also thinking I should get some quotes from ecomerce developers.
    Can anyone recomend any ecomerce developers ?

    Looking forward to your feedback

    NZed
    paradise, Oct 14, 2006

  2. In message <>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    > 1 Be able to sell in different currencies US AUS NZ UK EURO

    I believe the only NZ-based payment service offering this is the BNZ.

    Luckily you don't have to deal directly with them; you can go through an
    intermediary. I've got a client that's been using the Transactor product
    from irie.co.nz for over five years now. Been working well (barring the
    occasional BNZ outage), and the guy at Irie has been very helpful when I've
    had any questions.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 14, 2006

  3. paradise

    Vista Guest

    > In message <>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:
    >
    >> 1 Be able to sell in different currencies US AUS NZ UK EURO

    > I believe the only NZ-based payment service offering this is the BNZ.
    >
    > Luckily you don't have to deal directly with them; you can go through an
    > intermediary. I've got a client that's been using the Transactor product
    > from irie.co.nz for over five years now. Been working well (barring the
    > occasional BNZ outage), and the guy at Irie has been very helpful when
    > I've
    > had any questions.

    2checkout is a USA based one that should be able to deal with all those
    currencies, and is better supported with online shopping software.
    Vista, Oct 14, 2006
  4. paradise

    ChrisOD Guest

    In article <egpuij$cpe$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:
    >
    >> 1 Be able to sell in different currencies US AUS NZ UK EURO

    > I believe the only NZ-based payment service offering this is the BNZ.
    >
    > Luckily you don't have to deal directly with them; you can go through an
    > intermediary. I've got a client that's been using the Transactor product
    > from irie.co.nz for over five years now. Been working well (barring the
    > occasional BNZ outage), and the guy at Irie has been very helpful when I've
    > had any questions.

    Look here
    http://dps.co.nz/default.asp?id=s_multicurrency
    ChrisOD, Oct 14, 2006