    ~~~AAA~~~ Guest

    How do I open every link in a new tab? I am using version 1.5.0.1.

    I have tried creating browser.tabs.opentabfor.windowopen (FALSE)...no luck.
    ~~~AAA~~~, Mar 9, 2006

  2. ~~~AAA~~~

    stewart Guest

    Look under "Tools", "Options", "Tabs". Put a check in the first square box.

    stewart, Mar 9, 2006

  3. ~~~AAA~~~

    ~~~AAA~~~ Guest

    Thanks Stewart. But I want all links to open in tabs, not just ones that
    call for a new window. When I do as you suggested, often I will click on a
    link and the current browser page will go to the link's address. I would
    like to browse a news page, and while browsing click on various news stories
    that I would like to read, with each story being opened in its own tab, in
    the background, leaving the main, initial page open. Am I not understanding
    something?

    ~~~AAA~~~, Mar 9, 2006
  4. ~~~AAA~~~

    gwtc Guest

    ~~~AAA~~~ wrote:

    > Thanks Stewart. But I want all links to open in tabs, not just ones that
    > call for a new window. When I do as you suggested, often I will click on a
    > link and the current browser page will go to the link's address. I would
    > like to browse a news page, and while browsing click on various news stories
    > that I would like to read, with each story being opened in its own tab, in
    > the background, leaving the main, initial page open. Am I not understanding
    > something?
    >

    > "stewart" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Look under "Tools", "Options", "Tabs". Put a check in the first square
    >>box.
    >>

    >>"~~~AAA~~~" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>How do I open every link in a new tab? I am using version 1.5.0.1.
    >>>
    >>>I have tried creating browser.tabs.opentabfor.windowopen (FALSE)...no
    >>>luck.

    in the address bar, type in about:config and look for the entry of:

    browser.tabs.loadInBackground

    when found, double click on it and change it to true. Now, when you
    want to open a link in a new tab, hold down the ctrl key, and click.
    Now, your link with open in a new tab but in the background.
    gwtc, Mar 9, 2006
  5. ~~~AAA~~~

    ~~~AAA~~~ Guest

    Okay, thanks. Why is there not something very simple like a setting to
    choose to open links in either new windows or new tabs? That would be very
    convenient.

    ~~~AAA~~~, Mar 10, 2006
  6. ~~~AAA~~~

    gwtc Guest

    ~~~AAA~~~ wrote:
    > Okay, thanks. Why is there not something very simple like a setting to
    > choose to open links in either new windows or new tabs? That would be very
    > convenient.
    >

    > "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>~~~AAA~~~ wrote:
    >>

    >>>Thanks Stewart. But I want all links to open in tabs, not just ones that
    >>>call for a new window. When I do as you suggested, often I will click on
    >>>a link and the current browser page will go to the link's address. I
    >>>would like to browse a news page, and while browsing click on various
    >>>news stories that I would like to read, with each story being opened in
    >>>its own tab, in the background, leaving the main, initial page open. Am
    >>>I not understanding something?
    >>>

    >>>"stewart" <> wrote in message

    >>in the address bar, type in about:config and look for the entry of:
    >>
    >>browser.tabs.loadInBackground
    >>
    >>when found, double click on it and change it to true. Now, when you want
    >>to open a link in a new tab, hold down the ctrl key, and click. Now, your
    >>link with open in a new tab but in the background.

    there is. Its called right click.
    gwtc, Mar 10, 2006

    gwtc schreef:
    > ~~~AAA~~~ wrote:
    >> Okay, thanks. Why is there not something very simple like a setting
    >> to choose to open links in either new windows or new tabs? That would
    >> be very convenient.

    Please don?t top-post.

    >> "gwtc" <> wrote in
    >> message news:duq5o0$8cl$...

    >>> in the address bar, type in about:config and look for the entry of:
    >>>
    >>> browser.tabs.loadInBackground
    >>>
    >>> when found, double click on it and change it to true. Now, when you
    >>> want to open a link in a new tab, hold down the ctrl key, and click.
    >>> Now, your link with open in a new tab but in the background.

    > there is. Its called right click.

    You meant middle-click. Or Ctrl+click.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org
    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 10, 2006
  8. ~~~AAA~~~

    gwtc Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >
    > gwtc schreef:
    >
    >>~~~AAA~~~ wrote:
    >>
    >>>Okay, thanks. Why is there not something very simple like a setting
    >>>to choose to open links in either new windows or new tabs? That would
    >>>be very convenient.

    > Please don?t top-post.
    >

    >>>"gwtc" <> wrote in
    >>>message news:duq5o0$8cl$...

    >>there is. Its called right click.

    > You meant middle-click. Or Ctrl+click.
    >
    > H.

    those only opens a new tab.

    If you right click, then you have the option of either new tab or new
    window -- isn't that what the OP wanted, an option.
    gwtc, Mar 10, 2006