  1. When I click on the video link all that appears is a screen full of
    strange characters. Viewing AVIs works OK. How do I make Mozilla play
    WMVs?
    Madison Lapierre, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Re: Oops, sorry. Let me rephrase that. I CAN'T play WMV videos withMozilla 1.5

    Madison Lapierre wrote:

    > When I click on the video link all that appears is a screen full of
    > strange characters. Viewing AVIs works OK. How do I make Mozilla play
    > WMVs?

    Without a uri to check, I can only guess, but most likely, the server
    serving up the file is misconfigured. The file is being served as
    text/plain, so Mozilla dutifully trys to display the text. What you see
    id the files code.

    There is a fix being worked on, that may get in for FB 0.8, but probably
    won't make it into the suite til 1.7.

    The workaround in current versions is to right click on the file,
    download it, then open it in WMP.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 21, 2003