Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Michael, Aug 10, 2007.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Folks

    I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my Sipura
    1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
    Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
    unobtainable tone.
    Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
    house doesn't even ring.

    I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system up
    and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything to how
    it was, IO still can't get it right.

    My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
    Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.

    Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

    Thanks

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007

  2. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Michael pretended :
    > Folks
    >
    > I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my Sipura
    > 1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
    > Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
    > unobtainable tone.
    > Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
    > house doesn't even ring.
    >
    > I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system up
    > and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything to how
    > it was, IO still can't get it right.
    >
    > My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
    > Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.
    >
    > Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

    I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?

    What does dialling **** yield?

    Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to look at?

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    Jono wrote:

    > Michael pretended :
    > > Folks
    > >
    > > I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my
    > > Sipura 1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
    > > Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
    > > unobtainable tone.
    > > Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
    > > house doesn't even ring.
    > >
    > > I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system
    > > up and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything
    > > to how it was, IO still can't get it right.
    > >
    > > My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
    > > Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.
    > >
    > > Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

    > I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?
    >
    > What does dialling **** yield?
    >
    > Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to look at?

    Hi

    I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to the
    web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal until I
    try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the pages though ....
    cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably create an attachment?

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007
  4. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    Michael brought next idea :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Michael pretended :
    >>> Folks
    >>>
    >>> I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my
    >>> Sipura 1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
    >>> Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
    >>> unobtainable tone.
    >>> Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
    >>> house doesn't even ring.
    >>>
    >>> I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system
    >>> up and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything
    >>> to how it was, IO still can't get it right.
    >>>
    >>> My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
    >>> Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

    >> I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?
    >>
    >> What does dialling **** yield?
    >>
    >> Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to look at?

    > Hi
    >
    > I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to the
    > web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal until I
    > try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the pages though ....
    > cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably create an attachment?

    Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File, Save
    As (complete file, not html)

    Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and post
    the link here.

    Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.

    Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
    catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
    account?

    Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?

    Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
    you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate place.

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007
  5. Michael

    Jono wrote:

    > Michael brought next idea :
    > > Jono wrote:
    > >
    > > > Michael pretended :

    > > > I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?
    > > >
    > > > What does dialling **** yield?
    > > >
    > > > Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to
    > > > look at?

    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to the
    > > web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal until
    > > I try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the pages
    > > though .... cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably create
    > > an attachment?

    > Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File,
    > Save As (complete file, not html)
    >
    > Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and post
    > the link here.
    >
    > Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.
    >
    > Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
    > catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
    > account?
    >
    > Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?
    >
    > Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
    > you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate place.

    This is a bit crazy - I now can't get into my own web space .... NTL !!

    Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings ..... other than
    line by line ... here's some of the stuff - hope it makes sense to you!

    Dial tone - 350@-19,440@-22;10(*/0/1+2)
    2nd dial tone - 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
    Outside dial tone - 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
    Busy tione - 400@-20;10(.375/.375/1)

    SIT1 tone -
    950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)

    SIT2 tone -
    914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)

    Ring 1 cadence - 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    Ring 2 cadence - 60(1/2)

    CWT1 - 30(.1/2)
    CWT2 - 0(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/5)

    Line 1 Status
    Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007 20:28:31

    Next Registration In: 2375 s Message Waiting: No
    Mapped SIP Port: 5060

    Line 2 Status
    Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007 20:48:14

    Next Registration In: 582 s Message Waiting: No
    Mapped SIP Port: 5061

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007
  6. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    Michael has brought this to us :
    > Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings

    It's the dial plan that I want to see. At the very least it should look
    like this: (*x|xx.)

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007
  7. Michael

    Michael wrote:

    > Jono wrote:
    >
    > > Michael brought next idea :

    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to
    > > > the web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal
    > > > until I try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the
    > > > pages though .... cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably
    > > > create an attachment?

    > > Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File,
    > > Save As (complete file, not html)
    > >
    > > Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and
    > > post the link here.
    > >
    > > Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.
    > >
    > > Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
    > > catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
    > > account?
    > >
    > > Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?
    > >
    > > Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
    > > you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate
    > > place.

    > This is a bit crazy - I now can't get into my own web space .... NTL
    > !!
    >
    > Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings ..... other than
    > line by line ... here's some of the stuff - hope it makes sense to
    > you!
    >
    > Dial tone - 350@-19,440@-22;10(*/0/1+2)
    > 2nd dial tone - 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
    > Outside dial tone - 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
    > Busy tione - 400@-20;10(.375/.375/1)
    >
    > SIT1 tone -
    > 950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
    >
    > SIT2 tone -
    > 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    >
    > Ring 1 cadence - 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    > Ring 2 cadence - 60(1/2)
    >
    > CWT1 - 30(.1/2)
    > CWT2 - 0(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/5)
    >
    > Line 1 Status
    > Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007
    > 20:28:31
    >
    > Next Registration In: 2375 s Message Waiting: No
    > Mapped SIP Port: 5060
    >
    > Line 2 Status
    > Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007
    > 20:48:14
    >
    > Next Registration In: 582 s Message Waiting: No
    > Mapped SIP Port: 5061
    >
    > Mick

    (*xx|xx)

    I've discovered that I get the 'unobtainable' tone after dialling just
    two digits .....

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007
  8. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    It happens that Michael formulated :

    Yo've missed the dot

    (*xx|xx.)

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007
  9. Michael

    Jono wrote:

    > Michael has brought this to us :
    > > Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings

    > It's the dial plan that I want to see. At the very least it should
    > look like this: (*x|xx.)

    Ah! Eureka!

    The . after the xx !!!!!!!

    I have put the . back in - and all works perfectly!

    Thanks so much for all your help!

    (wife just beat me to the answer - so had to admit I had been playing
    withy the settings!)

    Regards

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007
  10. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    Michael used his keyboard to write :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Michael has brought this to us :
    >>> Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings

    >> It's the dial plan that I want to see. At the very least it should
    >> look like this: (*x|xx.)

    > Ah! Eureka!
    >
    > The . after the xx !!!!!!!
    >
    > I have put the . back in - and all works perfectly!
    >
    > Thanks so much for all your help!
    >
    > (wife just beat me to the answer - so had to admit I had been playing
    > withy the settings!)

    Haha. I noticed.

    You could make things a bit more wife-friendly with a bit of thought in your dial plan.

    For instance, something like this:

    (<*,:>xxxxxxxS0>|<:01274>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    ......would allow a 7 digit SIP ID to be dialled if you prefix the call
    with a #, 6 digit local dialling - if your provider needs calls to begin
    with 0044, change 01274 to 00441274 (unless you don't live in Bradford, of course)

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007
  11. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Jono wrote :

    > (<#,:>xxxxxxxS0>|<:01274>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    Time for me to oops!

    now it will allow 7 digit SIP IDs to be dialled following a # - I put *
    in my previous post.

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007
  12. Michael

    Jono wrote:

    > Jono wrote :
    >

    > > (<#,:>xxxxxxxS0>|<:01274>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2
    > > -9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    > Time for me to oops!
    >
    > now it will allow 7 digit SIP IDs to be dialled following a # - I put
    > * in my previous post.

    I'm going to have to admit that I understand none of that! .... as far
    as I can tell, the (*xx|xx.) seems to allow me to dial any number I
    need - have never dialled a SIP number and wouldn't know how .....but
    if your dial plan works for any location in the UK ... then I could
    just copy and paste? What's with the 01274 bit -is that a dial code
    for the UK??

    Thanks for all your assistance by the way - I'd have been days working
    that error out!

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007
  13. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Michael wrote on 10/08/2007 :
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Jono wrote :
    >>

    >>> (<#,:>xxxxxxxS0>|<:01274>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2
    >>> -9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    >> Time for me to oops!
    >>
    >> now it will allow 7 digit SIP IDs to be dialled following a # - I put
    >> * in my previous post.

    > I'm going to have to admit that I understand none of that! .... as far
    > as I can tell, the (*xx|xx.) seems to allow me to dial any number I
    > need - have never dialled a SIP number and wouldn't know how .....but
    > if your dial plan works for any location in the UK ... then I could
    > just copy and paste? What's with the 01274 bit -is that a dial code
    > for the UK??
    >
    > Thanks for all your assistance by the way - I'd have been days working
    > that error out!
    >
    > Mick

    I rather assumed you were in the UK.......oh, you are, you're in Wales.

    01274 is the code for Bradford.

    If you live in Leeds, you would change the 01274 to 0113 and change the
    bit [2-9]xxxxxS0 to [2-9]xxxxxxS0 (this has one extra x to cater for
    Leeds' 7 digit local dialling.

    However, if you're in Cardiff, you have 8 digit local number....so, if
    you're not bothered about & Digit Sipgate SIP IDs, then you could use
    the following:

    (<:029>[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    Jono, Aug 10, 2007
  14. Michael

    Jono wrote:

    > Michael wrote on 10/08/2007 :
    > > Jono wrote:

    > > > Time for me to oops!
    > > >
    > > > now it will allow 7 digit SIP IDs to be dialled following a # - I
    > > > put * in my previous post.

    > > I'm going to have to admit that I understand none of that! .... as
    > > far as I can tell, the (*xx|xx.) seems to allow me to dial any
    > > number I need - have never dialled a SIP number and wouldn't know
    > > how .....but if your dial plan works for any location in the UK
    > > ... then I could just copy and paste? What's with the 01274 bit
    > > -is that a dial code for the UK??
    > >
    > > Thanks for all your assistance by the way - I'd have been days
    > > working that error out!
    > >
    > > Mick

    > I rather assumed you were in the UK.......oh, you are, you're in
    > Wales.
    >
    > 01274 is the code for Bradford.
    >
    > If you live in Leeds, you would change the 01274 to 0113 and change
    > the bit [2-9]xxxxxS0 to [2-9]xxxxxxS0 (this has one extra x to cater
    > for Leeds' 7 digit local dialling.
    >
    > However, if you're in Cardiff, you have 8 digit local number....so,
    > if you're not bothered about & Digit Sipgate SIP IDs, then you could
    > use the following:
    >
    > (<:029>[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9
    > ]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    Er .... I'm in Felixstowe - code is 01394 and numbers are 6 digits

    Mick

    Michael, Aug 10, 2007
  15. Michael

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Michael wrote :

    >> (<:029>[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9
    >> ]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    > Er .... I'm in Felixstowe - code is 01394 and numbers are 6 digits
    >
    > Mick

    How odd. I'm sure your IP traced to Cardiff.

    No matter. Try this then.

    (<:01394>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

    Jono, Aug 11, 2007
  16. Michael

    harrogate3 Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    Jono

    Can you post the address of any web site - if you know one - that
    explains in detail how the dialling plan works, for that matter the
    ring/dialtone formats as well. I've rooted everywhere (pun intended)
    with no luck.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

    harrogate3, Aug 11, 2007
  17. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    harrogate3 brought next idea :

    <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/do-craft-dial-plan-string-9511.html#post48275>

    <http://voxilla.com/tools/device-configuration-wizard/linksys-spa-localization-wizard-802.html>

    Jono, Aug 11, 2007
  18. Michael

    Jono Guest

    Re: Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

    harrogate3 presented the following explanation :
    > Jono
    >
    > Can you post the address of any web site - if you know one - that
    > explains in detail how the dialling plan works, for that matter the
    > ring/dialtone formats as well. I've rooted everywhere (pun intended)
    > with no luck.

    Also, have a look at Brian A's site - http://www.leafcom.co.uk/ - just
    don't worry if any of your NetNanny type software throws a wobbly - it
    is completely safe to open in front of children!

    Jono, Aug 11, 2007
  19. Michael

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking harrogate3 wrote :
    > Jono
    >
    > Can you post the address of any web site - if you know one - that
    > explains in detail how the dialling plan works, for that matter the
    > ring/dialtone formats as well. I've rooted everywhere (pun intended)
    > with no luck.

    Originally posted by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:

    Under Regional Tab.

    Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;60(*/0/1+2)
    Second Dial Tone: 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
    Outside Dial Tone: 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
    Prompt Tone: 520@-19,620@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
    Busy Tone: 400@-10;30(.375/.375/1)
    Reorder Tone: 400@-20;20(*/0/1)
    Off Hook Warning Tone: 480@-10,620@0;90(.125/.125/1+2)
    Ring Back Tone: 400@-20,450@-20;*(.4/.2/1+2,.4/2/1+2)
    Confirm Tone: 600@-16;1(.25/.25/1)
    SIT1 Tone: 950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
    SIT2 Tone: 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    SIT3 Tone: 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.380/0/1,.380/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    SIT4 Tone: 985@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.380/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
    MWI Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-22;10(.75/.75/1+2)
    Cfwd Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
    DND Dial Tone: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.2/.2/2);10(*/0/1+2)
    Holding Tone: 600@-19;*(.1/.1/1,.1/.1/1,.1/9.5/1)
    Conference Tone: 350@-19;20(.1/.1/1,.1/9.7/1)
    Secure Call Indication Tone: 397@-19,507@-19;15(0/2/0,.2/.1/1,.1/2.1/2)
    Feature Invocation Tone: 350@-16;*(.1/.1/1)

    Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
    Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

    CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

    Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones to ring).
    Ring Frequency: 25
    Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
    CWT Frequency: 425@-20
    Synchronized Ring: Yes

    Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
    Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
    Callee On Hook Delay: 0
    Reorder Delay: 5
    Call Back Expires: 1800
    Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
    Call Back Delay: .5
    VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
    Interdigit Long Timer: 10
    Interdigit Short Timer: 3
    CPC Delay: .5
    CPC Duration: .1

    Time Zone: GMT
    FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
    Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
    DTMF Playback Level: -16
    DTMF Playback Length: .25
    Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
    FXS Port Power Limit: 3