    TIA.

    --
    Regards Colin
    Colin, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Colin

    Boomer Guest

    "Colin" <> wrote in
    news:c6chju$amdcd$-berlin.de:

    > As the title says I've just deletd some important files off my
    > hard disk , thinking that I had a CD back up them... No prizes fro
    > guessing that the CD didn't exist , except in my own mind!!!>
    >

    > Any suggestion on the best, and easiest ( free ) tool or method
    > to use to try and retrieve?
    >

    > btw, I saw the message that the files ( 3 big zip files) were too
    > big for the recyle big, just before I pressed the "go for it "
    > button TIA.

    You might want to read this
    PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm
    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Colin

    ispcom Guest

    do as little on your machine and get a program like "fix-it" that has a file
    recovery program in it.

    good luck
    ispcom, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Colin

    Colin Guest

    Thanks for the pointer.

    Unfortunately seems that I did a really good job on deleting.. no sign or
    trace of the particular folder that I need.

    One Positive is that the daa was not on the main system disk so that
    installing the pgm wasn't gong to interfer with disk space allocation..

    While I was looking arond I came across anther programme that can run direct
    from a floppy and so doesn't need installing. This one would not have been
    able to recover anything different either..

    In case it benefits others... here is the info..
    Restoration Version 2.5.14
    http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.shtml

    rgds

    Colin, Apr 24, 2004
  5. Colin

    Boomer Guest

    "ispcom" <> wrote in

    > do as little on your machine and get a program like "fix-it" that
    > has a file recovery program in it.
    >
    > good luck

    Why tell me??

    Please reply to the person who asked the question.

    Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    Thank you. :)
    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Colin

    ProfGene Guest

    There are companies that charge lots of money to retrieve lost data so it is
    a question of how important they are. I have seen some programs that claim
    to do it but don't know if they really work.

    ProfGene, Apr 24, 2004
  7. Colin

    Jane Guest

    Colin

    I tried sending you an email to your email address
    shown it came back rejected.
    Is that your correct email address???
    I do have information that may assist you.

    Pls. advise if you want further assistance

    ..

    Jane, Apr 24, 2004
  8. Colin

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Jane decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Colin
    >
    > I tried sending you an email to your email address
    > shown it came back rejected.
    > Is that your correct email address???
    > I do have information that may assist you.
    >
    > Pls. advise if you want further assistance

    Post here rather than send private email, as /knowledgeable/ people do not
    post using their real addresses.

    Plus any information you have may help others.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 24, 2004