OOo mail merge

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Running OOo 1.1.0 under win98SE and using Calc as a data source to print
    some labels in Writer.

    This was working fine untill I added some columns to the data source after
    which the some of the data in the fields I wanted to print onto the labels
    did not show up in the data source window. The really odd thing is that
    some cells in the data source window show the correct data (i.e. the data
    is in the same cell reference as the original data source) but others are
    blank.

    I tried changing various settings etc but could not fix it so I deleted
    the data source and started from the beginning (i.e. I registared a new
    data source using the original Calc spreadsheet and made up a new template
    with new fieldnames for the labels etc) but I still have the same problem.

    Is there some file that tracks these changes that may have become corupted
    and needs deleting perhaps (to be-rebuilt the next time I use the feature)?

    As far as I can see I have set it up correctly the second time I did it
    cause it worked the first time and I followed the same procedure.

    Anybody got any ideas on this ?

    TIA

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Chris <> wrote in

    OK, I have solved the problem by renaming the original data source and
    starting from scratch again.

    I'd still like to know what the problem was though should anybody know.

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 26, 2004