    and in vista it only shows me at 2.75GB. Do I need a new motherboard that
    can support more RAM? I'm also using a 8800GTS video card that has 640MB of
    memory, is this effecting it? Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGx1bmRlMw==?=, Mar 10, 2007

  2. The problem is that your BIOS needs to know how to re-map address spaces.
    Because 32-bit Windows used a flat address space, it was, for most
    situations, limited to addresses <4GB. In order to support the cards that
    are plugged in to your computer, Windows reserves space between 3GB and 4GB
    for the BIOS of the cards. You need to modify your BIOS setting to remap
    memory in that range.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 10, 2007

  3. Thanks Charlie, I'll do that.

    =?Utf-8?B?bGx1bmRlMw==?=, Mar 10, 2007
  4. Sorry to break the flow but, what is happening with the news server - for
    the last couple of days the posts have been arriving out of order. Up till
    now, I've put that down to synchronisation with the web interfaces, but you,
    Charlie, are certainly on OE and now your post have not arrived here, while
    I see it inserted in the reply above?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 10, 2007
  5. To see the option in your BIOS you may have to update (Flash) your BIOS to a
    newer version - also, some refers to the issue as being a 'Memory Hole' -
    read the BIOS section of your motherboard manual!!!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 10, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bGx1bmRlMw==?=

    Iron Feliks Guest

    I can't be certain about the 8800GTS, but I do know that my 8800GTX uses
    767MB of system RAM in addition to its own 768MB.

    Iron Feliks, Mar 19, 2007
  7. >I can't be certain about the 8800GTS, but I do know that my 8800GTX uses
    >767MB of system RAM in addition to its own 768MB.

    Ouch!

    Homer J. Simpson, Apr 17, 2007
  8. Whoah. I guess I scrolled down a little too far--I didn't mean to revive
    such an old thread. :eek:)

    Homer J. Simpson, Apr 17, 2007
  9. Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 17, 2007