    Anyone have any ideas.

    Thanks

    Andrew

    Andrew_JMData, Feb 22, 2009

  2. Andrew_JMData

    Lem Guest

    Andrew_JMData wrote:
    > Hi - I have 2 laptops (both on wireless network) and 2 (1 on wireless)
    > desktops
    >
    > On the wireless network it seems like I can only connect 1 pc at once. I
    > thought I was supposed to be able to connect any number?
    >
    > This has been going on for ages, I thought it was a glitch with one old PC,
    > but now have a new netbook, it seems that it's the network.
    >
    > I have a netgear dg834pn router and all wireless PC's run XP home SP3.
    > Except netbook the other 3 pc's have Kaspersky firewall.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andrew

    Can you explain a bit more clearly?

    What happens, for example, when one of your computers is connected
    through the router to the Internet and you try to connect with another?
    Does the first connection get dropped? If the second computer can't
    connect, what error message, if any, do you get?

    What wireless security measures have you implemented?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Feb 22, 2009

  3. Hi Len, thanks for replying.

    Basically, as far as I can work out once you have connected one pc, you
    can't connect any other.

    The only error is "contact your administrator!".

    Only security is Kaspersky.

    Regards

    Andrew

    Andrew_JMData, Feb 22, 2009
  4. Andrew_JMData

    Lem Guest

    Andrew_JMData wrote:
    > Hi Len, thanks for replying.
    >
    > Basically, as far as I can work out once you have connected one pc, you
    > can't connect any other.
    >
    > The only error is "contact your administrator!".
    >
    > Only security is Kaspersky.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > "Lem" wrote:
    >
    >> Andrew_JMData wrote:
    >>> Hi - I have 2 laptops (both on wireless network) and 2 (1 on wireless)
    >>> desktops
    >>>
    >>> On the wireless network it seems like I can only connect 1 pc at once. I
    >>> thought I was supposed to be able to connect any number?
    >>>
    >>> This has been going on for ages, I thought it was a glitch with one old PC,
    >>> but now have a new netbook, it seems that it's the network.
    >>>
    >>> I have a netgear dg834pn router and all wireless PC's run XP home SP3.
    >>> Except netbook the other 3 pc's have Kaspersky firewall.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Andrew

    >> Can you explain a bit more clearly?
    >>
    >> What happens, for example, when one of your computers is connected
    >> through the router to the Internet and you try to connect with another?
    >> Does the first connection get dropped? If the second computer can't
    >> connect, what error message, if any, do you get?
    >>
    >> What wireless security measures have you implemented?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lem -- MS-MVP
    >>
    >> To the moon and back with 2K words of RAM and 36K words of ROM.
    >> http://history.nasa.gov/afj/compessay.htm

    If "contact your administrator" is the complete text of the error
    message, then I don't have a clue what's going on. You should probably
    get in touch with Netgear support. You could try in the Netgear forum:
    http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
    Be sure to include the make/models of your wireless adapters and which
    version of Windows you're using (in each of the computers)

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Feb 22, 2009
  5. Hi
    Did you checked the Router's DHCP to make sure that it is sett give more
    than one IP.
    BTW. You Wireless Router is a Router/Modem and some of those live in their
    own world. ;) - :D
    As far as Windows XP is concerned,If you want to check the Wireless setting
    of each computer use this page.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 23, 2009