    has a Core 2 Duo T7200 dual-core cpu. In the 32bit XP there are two cpu's in
    the task manager, in XP x64 there is only one. Is this correct, or has the
    64bit version not detected my cpu corrently?
    =?Utf-8?B?QVQ=?=, Jun 12, 2007

  2. In the 'View' menu item of TM there's an option to have one Graph per CPU or
    something roughly equal, you may have to select that?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 12, 2007

  3. Re: Only one core in Taskmanager on Core 2 Duo T7200 on WinXP Pro

    Or check the "Processor" entry in Device Manager...
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 12, 2007
  4. Re: Only one core in Taskmanager on Core 2 Duo T7200 on WinXP Pro

    Yeah, its set for one graph per CPU. Only one graph showing.

    =?Utf-8?B?QVQ=?=, Jun 12, 2007
  5. Re: Only one core in Taskmanager on Core 2 Duo T7200 on WinXP Pro

    In the 32bit version there is a "procesor" tab with two processors in it. In
    the 64bit version, there is no tab.

    In the "general" tab of system properties my processor model is shown on the
    32bit version. In the 64bit it does not.

    I now realize that my 64bit version is SP1.. Does that matter? Is there
    dual-core support in SP1?

    =?Utf-8?B?QVQ=?=, Jun 12, 2007
  6. Re: Only one core in Taskmanager on Core 2 Duo T7200 on WinXP Pro

    O.K. - Then it' is safe to assume that the OS is not aware of the situation.
    SP1 is not an issue in this respect.

    What I would do, is to put the system CD in the drive and re-boot and then
    re-install all the drivers that should be in use by your Motherboard. If
    those on the CD do not support a 64bit system, you should visit the
    manufacturer's site and have a look for 64bit drivers for your system.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 12, 2007