only Ni-Mh batteries, a better man than I

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by john gurney, Nov 30, 2010.

  1. john gurney

    john gurney Guest

    Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and AAA
    batteries. (model no CEF24UK)

    The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at a
    time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).

    When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.

    So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older Ni-Cd
    batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to the
    batteries or the charger to charge them?

    Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

    I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When I
    asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said, "we
    have 'all' the information".

    All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    happen...
    It's a free phone number...... 0800716434

    The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?

    If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man than I.
    john gurney, Nov 30, 2010

  2. john gurney

    Woody Guest

    "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    > Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for
    > rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >
    > The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or
    > two AAA at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four
    > batteries at a time).
    >
    > When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only
    > to charge Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >
    > So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the
    > older Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do
    > any damage to the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >
    > Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >
    > I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight
    > way. When I asked if I could be transferred to a technical
    > department, she said, "we have 'all' the information".
    >
    > All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for
    > something to happen...
    > It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >
    > The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to
    > either the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged
    > up in this charger?
    >
    > If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a
    > better man than I.

    The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
    current is within the range of the cells.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
    Woody, Nov 30, 2010

  3. john gurney

    A. Baum Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:20:33 +0000, john gurney wrote:

    > Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and
    > AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >
    > The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at
    > a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).
    >
    > When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    > Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >
    > So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    > Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    > the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >
    > Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >
    > I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    > I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    > "we have 'all' the information".
    >
    > All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    > happen...
    > It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >
    > The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    > charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >
    > If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    > than I.

    NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    common sense knows this.
    A. Baum, Nov 30, 2010
  4. john gurney

    A. Baum Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:22:14 +0000, Woody wrote:

    > "john gurney" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA
    >> and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >>
    >> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA
    >> at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a
    >> time).
    >>
    >> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    >> Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >>
    >> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    >> Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    >> the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >>
    >> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >>
    >> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    >> I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    >> "we have 'all' the information".
    >>
    >> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    >> happen...
    >> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >>
    >> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either
    >> the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this
    >> charger?
    >>
    >> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >> than I.
    >>

    > The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
    > current is within the range of the cells.

    Uh, Nicads where charged mostly by time, NmMh by current sensing. You
    would want to monitor a nicad very closely in a NmMh charger if it didn't
    complain and abort the charge in the first place. My Duracell charger
    will not charge Nicad. Not even attempt to charge them.
    A. Baum, Nov 30, 2010
  5. In article <>,
    A. Baum <> wrote:

    >> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    >> charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >>
    >> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >> than I.

    >NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    >common sense knows this.

    No straight answer from you either, then.

    -- Richard
    Richard Tobin, Nov 30, 2010
  6. "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    > Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and AAA
    > batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >
    > The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at a
    > time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).
    >
    > When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    > Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >
    > So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older Ni-Cd
    > batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to the
    > batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >
    > Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >
    > I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When I
    > asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said, "we
    > have 'all' the information".
    >
    > All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    > happen...
    > It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >
    > The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    > charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >
    > If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man than I.

    Depends on the charger type - timer or smart charge.

    Details on here -

    http://www.doityourself.com/stry/can-a-nimh-charger-charge-a-nicd-battery

    fixed time chargers may cause, damage smart chargers shouldn't.

    Smart chargers often have an LCD display indicating the charge state
    of freshly mounted batteries, and vary the charge accordingly.

    michael adams

    michael adams, Nov 30, 2010
  7. john gurney

    ransley Guest

    On Nov 30, 11:28 am, "A. Baum" <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:22:14 +0000, Woody wrote:
    > > "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    > >> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA
    > >> and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)

    > >> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA
    > >> at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a
    > >> time).

    > >> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    > >> Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.

    > >> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    > >> Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    > >> the batteries or the charger to charge them?

    > >> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

    > >> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    > >> I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    > >> "we have 'all' the information".

    > >> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    > >> happen...
    > >> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434

    > >> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either
    > >> the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this
    > >> charger?

    > >> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    > >> than I.

    > > The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
    > > current is within the range of the cells.

    > Uh, Nicads where charged mostly by time, NmMh by current sensing. You
    > would want to monitor a nicad very closely in a NmMh charger if it didn't
    > complain and abort the charge in the first place. My Duracell charger
    > will not charge Nicad. Not even attempt to charge them.  - Hide quoted text -

    As I understand it NiMh peak at a higher voltage than Nicad, voltage
    drop is the best way to monitor a cells charge, ive done it for my RC
    car packs. He can do the "feel if its warm test", when they start to
    get warm they are 100% charged. Better is he could simple slip volt
    meter leads in the charger and monitor if it does cut off at voltage
    peak or continue charging and cook the batteries. It may or may not be
    fine. My Nimh charger does Nicads on Volts peak cutoff. A good charger
    should charge anything.
    ransley, Nov 30, 2010
  8. john gurney

    Man at B&Q Guest

    On Nov 30, 5:33 pm, willshak <> wrote:
    > Woody wrote the following:
    >

    > > "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    > >> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for
    > >> rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)

    > >> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or
    > >> two AAA at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four
    > >> batteries at a time).

    > >> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only
    > >> to charge Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.

    > >> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the
    > >> older Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do
    > >> any damage to the batteries or the charger to charge them?

    > >> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

    > >> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight
    > >> way. When I asked if I could be transferred to a technical
    > >> department, she said, "we have 'all' the information".

    > >> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for
    > >> something to happen...
    > >> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434

    > >> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to
    > >> either the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged
    > >> up in this charger?

    > >> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a
    > >> better man than I.

    > > The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
    > > current is within the range of the cells.

    > Then why is there a toggle switch on my 4 cell charger to switch to
    > either Ni-MH or Ni-Cad batteries?

    Because it's less intelligent than my charger 4 cell charger which
    charges either, automatically.

    MBQ
    Man at B&Q, Nov 30, 2010
  9. john gurney

    Man at B&Q Guest

    On Nov 30, 5:23 pm, "A. Baum" <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:20:33 +0000, john gurney wrote:
    > > Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and
    > > AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)

    > > The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at
    > > a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time)..

    > > When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    > > Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.

    > > So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    > > Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    > > the batteries or the charger to charge them?

    > > Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

    > > I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    > > I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    > > "we have 'all' the information".

    > > All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    > > happen...
    > > It's a free phone number...... 0800716434

    > > The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    > > charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?

    > > If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    > > than I.

    > NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    > common sense knows this.

    Any idiot with a grain of common sense (seems to rule you out) also
    knows an intelligent charger can cope with both types.

    MBQ
    Man at B&Q, Nov 30, 2010
  10. john gurney

    Steve Terry Guest

    "willshak" <> wrote in message
    > Woody wrote the following:
    >> "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    <snip>
    > Then why is there a toggle switch on my 4 cell charger to switch to either
    > Ni-MH or Ni-Cad batteries?
    > Bill

    I think it's because Ni-Mh charge at a slightly higher voltage?

    Steve Terry
    --
    Quidco cashback Sign-up Bonus of £1.25 when you signup at:
    http://www.quidco.com/user/613515/55307
    Steve Terry, Nov 30, 2010
  11. john gurney

    Tabby Guest

    On Nov 30, 4:20 pm, "john gurney" <> wrote:
    > Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and AAA
    > batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >
    > The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at a
    > time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).
    >
    > When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    > Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >
    > So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older Ni-Cd
    > batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to the
    > batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >
    > Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >
    > I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When I
    > asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said, "we
    > have 'all' the information".
    >
    > All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    > happen...
    > It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >
    > The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    > charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >
    > If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man than I.

    You couldnt get a straight yes or no anwer because there is no
    straight yes or no answer. To charge a nicd or nimh cell you need a
    charge current that matches the cells (or is less), plus if the charge
    is faster than 14hr rate you need some sort of auto charge shutoff.

    Generally speaking, NiMH AA cells charge at much higher current than
    AA nicads, so generally you cant stick nicads into a nimh charger -
    but of course its not that simple.

    I cant remember what old 450mAh nicads want, somewhere in teh region
    of 40mA though. Your charger probably delivers far too much - it would
    charge them, but the AAs would die very early.

    NT
    Tabby, Nov 30, 2010
  12. john gurney

    Max Demian Guest

    "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    > Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and
    > AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >
    > The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at a
    > time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).
    >
    > When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    > Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >
    > So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older Ni-Cd
    > batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to the
    > batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >
    > Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

    Sounds like you've bought a bit of a pup, really.

    It doesn't even charge particularly quickly (8-10 hours for 1800 mAh I
    think).

    The ones I use cost £10 with 4 free 2100 mAh NiMH AA batteries (or vice
    versa), charge 4 AA, 4 AAA or 2 PP3, NiCd or NiMH, but take 19 hours for
    2100 mAh NiMH AAs. I guess at that charge rate they won't damage anything.

    (They are Uniross but Argos don't seem to sell anything comparable now.)

    --
    Max Demian
    Max Demian, Dec 1, 2010
  13. There are a lot of well educated idiots who won't know that factoid.
    That said, I do believe you're right.

    --
    Christopher A. Young
    Learn more about Jesus

    Stormin Mormon, Dec 1, 2010
  14. A. Baum wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:22:14 +0000, Woody wrote:
    >
    >> "john gurney" <> wrote in message
    >>> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA
    >>> and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >>>
    >>> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA
    >>> at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a
    >>> time).
    >>>
    >>> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    >>> Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >>>
    >>> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    >>> Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    >>> the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >>>
    >>> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >>>
    >>> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    >>> I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    >>> "we have 'all' the information".
    >>>
    >>> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    >>> happen...
    >>> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >>>
    >>> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either
    >>> the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this
    >>> charger?
    >>>
    >>> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >>> than I.
    >>>

    >> The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
    >> current is within the range of the cells.

    > Uh, Nicads where charged mostly by time, NmMh by current sensing.

    No. Voltage sensing. It works on both.

    Its easier on NiCad since the voltage change is greater.

    Delta peak chargesr that work on NiMh work on Nicad. The reverse *may*
    not be true.

    You
    > would want to monitor a nicad very closely in a NmMh charger if it didn't
    > complain and abort the charge in the first place. My Duracell charger
    > will not charge Nicad. Not even attempt to charge them.

    blather. Learn the facts befor spouting.
    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 1, 2010
  15. willshak wrote:
    > Woody wrote the following:
    >> "john gurney" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA
    >>> and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >>>
    >>> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA
    >>> at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a
    >>> time).
    >>>
    >>> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to
    >>> charge Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >>>
    >>> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    >>> Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage
    >>> to the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >>>
    >>> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >>>
    >>> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way.
    >>> When I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she
    >>> said, "we have 'all' the information".
    >>>
    >>> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    >>> happen...
    >>> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >>>
    >>> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either
    >>> the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this
    >>> charger?
    >>>
    >>> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >>> than I.
    >>>

    >> The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
    >> current is within the range of the cells.

    > Then why is there a toggle switch on my 4 cell charger to switch to
    > either Ni-MH or Ni-Cad batteries?

    slightly different delta peak probably.

    I,e, crappy charger. Most will do either.
    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 1, 2010
  16. Steve Terry wrote:
    > "willshak" <> wrote in message
    >> Woody wrote the following:
    >>> "john gurney" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    >> Then why is there a toggle switch on my 4 cell charger to switch to either
    >> Ni-MH or Ni-Cad batteries?
    >> Bill
    >>

    > I think it's because Ni-Mh charge at a slightly higher voltage?

    irrelevant. Nickel hargers feed current and look for a voltage DROP as
    the charged state is achieved. Chargers that are run this way limit
    current, and switch off when they detect fully charged conditions. They
    will charge as few or as many cells as they have supply voltage to force
    current into.

    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 1, 2010
  17. A. Baum wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:20:33 +0000, john gurney wrote:
    >
    >> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and
    >> AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >>
    >> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at
    >> a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).
    >>
    >> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    >> Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >>
    >> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    >> Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    >> the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >>
    >> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >>
    >> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    >> I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    >> "we have 'all' the information".
    >>
    >> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    >> happen...
    >> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >>
    >> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    >> charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >>
    >> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >> than I.

    > NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    > common sense knows this.

    No they dont. As people who have used them and charged them know.

    They are VERY similar. Constant current and look for a drop in terminal
    voltage and switch off then.

    Only difference is the drop n a NiMh is a lot less, so it needs more
    sensitive chargers.
    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 1, 2010
  18. Richard Tobin wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > A. Baum <> wrote:
    >
    >>> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    >>> charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >>>
    >>> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >>> than I.

    >> NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    >> common sense knows this.

    > No straight answer from you either, then.

    He only knows what every idiots knows, which is false anyway, so why boyher?

    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 1, 2010
  19. Andy Champ wrote:
    > On 30/11/2010 19:02, Man at B&Q wrote:
    >> On Nov 30, 5:23 pm, "A. Baum"<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    >>> common sense knows this.

    >> Any idiot with a grain of common sense (seems to rule you out) also
    >> knows an intelligent charger can cope with both types.
    >>
    >> MBQ

    > OK, handbags at dawn...
    >
    > Before you two get into a real slagfest might I point out that those two
    > statements are not mutually exclusive?

    They almost are.

    No one makes a a NiCd only charger as NiMh chargers will charge either.

    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 1, 2010
  20. john gurney

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:23:03 +0000 (UTC), "A. Baum" <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:20:33 +0000, john gurney wrote:
    >
    >> Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for rechargeable AA and
    >> AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)
    >>
    >> The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or two AAA at
    >> a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four batteries at a time).
    >>
    >> When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only to charge
    >> Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.
    >>
    >> So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the older
    >> Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do any damage to
    >> the batteries or the charger to charge them?
    >>
    >> Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.
    >>
    >> I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight way. When
    >> I asked if I could be transferred to a technical department, she said,
    >> "we have 'all' the information".
    >>
    >> All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for something to
    >> happen...
    >> It's a free phone number...... 0800716434
    >>
    >> The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to either the
    >> charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged up in this charger?
    >>
    >> If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a better man
    >> than I.

    >NiCad and NmMh have different charge needs. Any idiot with a grain of
    >common sense knows this.

    Actually, they're very close. The only important difference is that dV/dt
    terminal charge sensing won't work on NiMH. Other than that they're *very*
    similar.
    , Dec 1, 2010