    information and seek clarification. No such luck in the
    exam, so I hope the "grey" or subjective questions have
    been removed wherever possible.
    Grant, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Grant

    Peng Te Guest

    Grant, 70-300 is also my last MCSD exam, and I'm taking it tomorrow with a
    week wait. I just can't endure the torture of waiting a month to take this
    exam. Yeah, I am nervious about the subjectivity of the answers. I have
    yet to fail an exam, but this may be the first one.

    I studied the ExamCram2, and it was all review, except for ORM stuff. I may
    be foolish in taking the exam so soon, but then how much more will I know
    with a few more months of studying? This test is more about judgement, and
    I believe I have fairly good design judgement. So I'll see tomorrow.

    I am using the Transcender practice exams to help me, and noticed just how
    aweful I've been at second guessing the Microsoft way. For example, one
    question asked the best way to develop a simple data transfer utility
    program, and a few of the choices included Windows Form, Web Form, Console
    application. Of course the correct answer should be Console app, and it is,
    but I guessed wrong that Microsoft would say a Windows Form.

    This showed me that I should answer base on my logical instinct and not
    second guess Microsoft. If I don't pass, I will still be satisfied that I
    am right and Microsoft is wrong. Then I'll have to retake the exam a second
    time anyway, swallow my pride and provide answers according to Microsoft to
    get the damned certification.

    Good luck on your quest!

    Regards,

    Peng

    Peng Te, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Grant

    Grant Guest

    Good luck dude.

    Yeah, I also haven't failed anything yet and don't like
    the idea of failing because of trying to second guess the
    MS way. I don't expect to learn much myself in the next
    few weeks, but it's more a case of hammering my brain
    into the required frame of mind for the exam.

    All hail the MS way! ;)

    Grant, Feb 9, 2004