Only 4 More Days Till The Future Of All 64 Bit Computing, Just FYI.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by none@none, Apr 20, 2008.

  1. none@none

    none@none Guest

    none@none, Apr 20, 2008

  2. none@none

    Carlos Guest

    RE: Only 4 More Days Till The Future Of All 64 Bit Computing, Just FYI

    Is That You, Kevin?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 20, 2008

  3. I've been using the beta of Ubuntu 8.04 for about a week. It's not bad at
    all.

    I like Comptiz Fuzion with it. It makes it cool looking.

    I'm using Vista as my main machine, though.

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Apr 20, 2008
  4. none@none

    Don Guest

    Re: Only 4 More Days Till The Future Of All 64 Bit Computing, Just FYI

    How did you guess?
    :)

    He has been posting the same in the general group for the last few days,
    guess he decided to try and hide his identity, hard to miss the prose
    though!

    --
    Don

    Don, Apr 20, 2008
  5. none@none

    Carlos Guest

    Re: Only 4 More Days Till The Future Of All 64 Bit Computing, Just

    And the traling "Just FYI" is like the Mark of the Zorro.
    :)

    Carlos, Apr 20, 2008
  6. none@none

    Theo Guest

    Re: Only 4 More Days Till The Future Of All 64 Bit Computing, JustFYI.

    If you're just referring to Ubuntu in general, then you
    apparently have been asleep for the past few years.

    I know I have been using Kubuntu for at least 2 years - time
    flies when you're having fun so I don't remember exactly how
    long!

    Theo, Apr 20, 2008
  7. none@none

    Theo Guest

    Re: Only 4 More Days Till The Future Of All 64 Bit Computing, JustFYI.

    I don't know. They say the first thing to go is the memory
    and I can't remember what's after that!

    Theo, Apr 21, 2008
  8. none@none

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    I've tried it off-and-on for a while. The beta is especially attractive in
    that is installs without a lot of fuss. Installing the network printers and
    getting access to the Ubuntu box was no joy. On the other hand, the improved
    basic networking setup (wired and wireless both) was an actual joy to use.
    This distribution is reaching the mass-usability stage, I think.

    Suse and Sabayon (and perhaps others) are worth a look if you are the
    adventuresome type.

    Credit where credit is due, I say.
    --

    Tom