    already tried to set my HPET (memory remapping ?) to 64bit and also
    completely off but it doesnt help Anyone has a solution ?

    , Jul 10, 2008

  2. Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    See this knowledge base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605/en-us
    "The system memory that is reported in the System Information dialog box in
    Windows Vista is less than you expect if 4 GB of RAM is installed"

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 10, 2008

  3. "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > See this knowledge base article:
    > "The system memory that is reported in the System Information dialog box
    > in
    > Windows Vista is less than you expect if 4 GB of RAM is installed"

    Carlos, are you sure that article is applicable to 64bit Windows?

    I was thinking it might be more a memory remapping setting in the BIOS or
    something.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 10, 2008
  4. Apparently it does:

    APPLIES TO
    • Windows Vista Business
    • Windows Vista Enterprise
    • Windows Vista Home Basic
    • Windows Vista Home Premium
    • Windows Vista Starter
    • Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
    • Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
    • Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
    • Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
    • Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition

    Back to the top

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 10, 2008
  5. Carlos Guest

    Thanks for jumping in, Bobby!
    My Internet connection comes and goes very often lately.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 10, 2008