only 29k for configuration memory

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by FixitDave, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. FixitDave

    FixitDave Guest

    We have an aging 3620 chassis that only has 29k of config mem (sh ver
    below), I have had to compress the config to store the config but I
    hope this is a temp solution.

    Is there a way to extend the memory for the config??
    IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3620-D-M), Version 11.2(16)P, RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Compiled Mon 19-Oct-98 13:12 by pwade
    Image text-base: 0x600088E0, data-base: 0x6058A000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(17)AA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc
    2)

    War3620 uptime is 5 minutes
    System restarted by reload
    System image file is "flash:c362011216.bin", booted via flash

    cisco 3620 (R4700) processor (revision 0x81) with 18432K/6144K bytes of
    memory.
    Processor board ID 07658220
    R4700 processor, Implementation 33, Revision 1.0
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 2.0, NET2, BFE and GOSIP compliant.
    4 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    4 Serial network interface(s)
    DRAM configuration is 32 bits wide with parity disabled.
    4096K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Configuration register is 0x2102

    FixitDave, Jun 27, 2006

  2. FixitDave

    Guest

    FixitDave wrote:
    > We have an aging 3620 chassis that only has 29k of config mem (sh ver
    > below), I have had to compress the config to store the config but I
    > hope this is a temp solution.
    >
    > Is there a way to extend the memory for the config??
    > 29K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

    Caveat:- I have forgotten everything I ever knew about 11.2(16)P.

    I would doubt that it could be changed.

    I don't see any difficulty with having the config compressed
    and this is the default for many modern platforms.

    If compression is insufficient then at least in some
    platforms you can put the config on Flash (tftp too?).

    Check the boot system commands.
    Beware though that when I last looked at it
    copy run start
    still wrote the config to nvram and not to the configured
    file. You needed to do

    copy run flash:my-config-file

    , Jun 28, 2006