    thought that Norton would detect trojans but this doesnt appear to ne the
    case.

    Thanks

    learner, Jun 1, 2004

  2. learner

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "learner" <> wrote in
    news:x4Suc.12803$:

    > Hi
    >
    > Is there such a thing as an online trojan scanner?
    >
    > A friend has a PC which appears to be using the ADSL bandwidth when
    > she's not home. They have the latest version of Norton AV with up to
    > date defs. I thought that Norton would detect trojans but this doesnt
    > appear to ne the case.
    >
    > Thanks

    There is A Squared.
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

    TDS3 is also highly recommended. I have never tried it.

    I think you should try a spyware scan first as it is much more likely.
    Lavasoft Adaware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    and follow up with Spybot Search and Destroy:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Then install Spyware blaster to keep it from happening again.

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jun 1, 2004

  3. learner

    Dogg Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:44:44 +1200, "learner" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Is there such a thing as an online trojan scanner?
    >
    >A friend has a PC which appears to be using the ADSL bandwidth when she's
    >not home. They have the latest version of Norton AV with up to date defs. I
    >thought that Norton would detect trojans but this doesnt appear to ne the
    >case.
    >
    >Thanks

    Not a Trojan scanner per se but you could try
    housecall.trendmicro.com.

    Dogg, Jun 1, 2004
  4. learner

    me Guest