    TIA!
    Krista
    , Oct 13, 2006

  2. Ed Ruf Guest

    On 13 Oct 2006 11:44:15 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
    >download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
    >snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
    >seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
    >download!

    You can get your own domain and pay a hosting service for your own
    site , which you can control any way you desire for as low as $3/month
    for a decent beginning package.
    -
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Joan Guest

    Have you looked at flickr?

    --
    Joan

    <> wrote in message
    : I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
    : download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
    : snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
    : seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
    : download!
    :
    : Any ideas?
    : TIA!
    : Krista
    :
    Joan, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Routemeister Guest

    Google Picasa2 now offers 250 MB free storage for photos, either public or
    "invitation to view" Photo quality is up to you, specify original quality
    or quick-loading default. Viewers can easily download the photos.
    David Thompson
    http://picasaweb.google.com/david.routemeister

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
    > download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
    > snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
    > seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
    > download!
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > TIA!
    > Krista

    It has removed 7597 spam emails to date.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!
    Routemeister, Oct 14, 2006
  5. Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking for a site where I can upload my pictures and let others
    > download them as jpgs for their own personal use. I'm a member of
    > snapfish, photowiki, webshot, and a million other sites but nobody
    > seems to offer this feature - you can order prints but never just
    > download!

    I was looking for exactly the same thing and found it recently at
    phanfare.com. It does cost about $50 per year after the free trial
    period, but there are no ads, etc. Can't get something for nothing. You
    can get prints, but phanfare lets you choose among the major print
    shops, and does not do that themselves. It's a new service and there
    are some features I'd like to see added, but everything I've suggested
    has been well received, with many of the desired features planned
    already.

    BTW, if you get someone to join, they'll give you a year of free
    service so even the $50/yr might not be an issue.

    I'm happy.

    Martin
    , Oct 14, 2006
  6. Dave Guest

    Downloading one of your photos only gets me a 57KB thumbnail. Is that
    what you uploaded?

    Dave

    Dave, Oct 15, 2006
  7. Krista Guest

    Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I looked at all the sites that
    were suggested. Although none of them offered exactly what I was
    looking for, phanfare seemed to come the closest so I'm going to try it
    out for a bit and see how I like it and if I can afford to continue
    once my free trial runs out.

    Thanks again for the info!
    Krista
    Krista, Oct 16, 2006
  8. Bruce Lewis Guest

    "Krista" <> writes:

    > Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I looked at all the sites that
    > were suggested. Although none of them offered exactly what I was
    > looking for, phanfare seemed to come the closest so I'm going to try it
    > out for a bit and see how I like it and if I can afford to continue
    > once my free trial runs out.

    If $6.95 a month is unaffordable, you can use ourdoings.com where $5
    likely lasts a year. (I didn't answer your first query about photo
    sharing sites; I generally only answer such queries on this newsgroup if
    people specifically ask for something that ourdoings.com is best at, and
    if I recall correctly you only asked about full-size downloads.)

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.
    Bruce Lewis, Oct 19, 2006