    your dosh.)

    So which ones accept credit cards?

    And what are other people's experiences?

    Ace, Apr 21, 2007

  2. Ace

    brazen Guest

    "Ace" <> wrote in message news:...
    > There are plenty of online retailers (www.pricespy.co.nz) but which ones
    > accept credit cards?
    >
    > I want to make a large order but don't trust depositing my money in the
    > bank
    > accounts of people I don't know before I get my goods. (If they go bust in
    > the meantime you're considered an unsecured creditor and will probably
    > lose
    > your dosh.)
    >
    > So which ones accept credit cards?

    Havent had any experience of those on that site, but I have used Flashcards
    www.flashcards.co.nz and they were very good. Superquick, even when you are
    rural.

    Definitely recommended.

    Gay

    brazen, Apr 21, 2007

  3. Ace

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:48:58 +1200, Ace <> wrote:

    >There are plenty of online retailers (www.pricespy.co.nz) but which ones
    >accept credit cards?
    >
    >I want to make a large order but don't trust depositing my money in the bank
    >accounts of people I don't know before I get my goods. (If they go bust in
    >the meantime you're considered an unsecured creditor and will probably lose
    >your dosh.)
    >
    >So which ones accept credit cards?
    >
    >And what are other people's experiences?

    If you're making a large purchase and you're concerned about the
    reliability of the company you're dealing with, then PriceSpy is
    probably the wrong place to be looking.

    Any vendor website should state whether they accept credit cards
    though.

    I prefer to deal with the likes of Ascent. They aren't the cheapest
    but they've been around for a while and they are very good to deal
    with. They courier for free too which makes their prices a lot more
    competitive. They are also very good with warranty issues. These can
    lead to problems when you're dealing with the lower-priced end of the
    market.

    --
    Ray Greene

    Ray Greene, Apr 21, 2007
  4. Ace

    Fred Guest

    "Ace" <> wrote in message news:...
    > There are plenty of online retailers (www.pricespy.co.nz) but which ones
    > accept credit cards?
    >
    > I want to make a large order but don't trust depositing my money in the
    > bank
    > accounts of people I don't know before I get my goods. (If they go bust in
    > the meantime you're considered an unsecured creditor and will probably
    > lose
    > your dosh.)
    >
    > So which ones accept credit cards?
    >
    > And what are other people's experiences?

    Paypal seems just what you are looking for.

    Fred, Apr 21, 2007
  5. Ace

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:57:50 +1200, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >"Ace" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> There are plenty of online retailers (www.pricespy.co.nz) but which ones
    >> accept credit cards?
    >>
    >> I want to make a large order but don't trust depositing my money in the
    >> bank
    >> accounts of people I don't know before I get my goods. (If they go bust in
    >> the meantime you're considered an unsecured creditor and will probably
    >> lose
    >> your dosh.)
    >>
    >> So which ones accept credit cards?
    >>
    >> And what are other people's experiences?

    >Paypal seems just what you are looking for.

    Keep well away from Paypal, its has a reputation in most cases in loosing your money..

    Plus not many NZ dealers use Paypal.

    Most NZ Dealers will accept Credit cards but they add some 3% to the retail price, plus goods must
    be going to the card holders address.

    Ken , Apr 22, 2007
  6. Ace

    Ken Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:17:57 +1200, Ray Greene <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:48:58 +1200, Ace <> wrote:
    >
    >>There are plenty of online retailers (www.pricespy.co.nz) but which ones
    >>accept credit cards?
    >>
    >>I want to make a large order but don't trust depositing my money in the bank
    >>accounts of people I don't know before I get my goods. (If they go bust in
    >>the meantime you're considered an unsecured creditor and will probably lose
    >>your dosh.)
    >>
    >>So which ones accept credit cards?
    >>
    >>And what are other people's experiences?

    >If you're making a large purchase and you're concerned about the
    >reliability of the company you're dealing with, then PriceSpy is
    >probably the wrong place to be looking.

    PriceSpy is only a Search tool, has non thing at all to do with selling goods.

    >Any vendor website should state whether they accept credit cards
    >though.
    >
    >I prefer to deal with the likes of Ascent. They aren't the cheapest
    >but they've been around for a while and they are very good to deal
    >with. They courier for free too which makes their prices a lot more
    >competitive. They are also very good with warranty issues. These can
    >lead to problems when you're dealing with the lower-priced end of the
    >market.

    Deal with the firm that is most covenant. Ascent is a Wellington based merchant and is OK, but there
    are plenty more..

    List in what you are buying will help..

    Ken , Apr 22, 2007
  7. Ace

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:31:39 +1200, Ken Yates wrote:

    > PriceSpy is only a Search tool, has non thing at all to do with
    > selling goods.

    Interesting, when in tdays world we can not say more than 2 sylabs Ken
    goes and makes nothing into non thing.

    Gordon, Apr 22, 2007
  8. Ace

    Rob Guest

    "Ace" <> wrote in message news:...
    > There are plenty of online retailers (www.pricespy.co.nz) but which ones
    > accept credit cards?
    >
    > I want to make a large order but don't trust depositing my money in the
    > bank
    > accounts of people I don't know before I get my goods. (If they go bust in
    > the meantime you're considered an unsecured creditor and will probably
    > lose
    > your dosh.)
    >
    > So which ones accept credit cards?
    >
    > And what are other people's experiences?

    You would be best to deal with a decent established company, than looking at
    pricespy to save a few bucks. There are some very dodgy ones around these
    days. Personally I have found Ascent to be very good, and C1computers to be
    good. Anthother I used to use was pp.co.nz and they were good when I used
    them, but find the other ones have better and more informative websites.

    Rob, Apr 22, 2007
  9. Ace

    Guest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:48:58 +1200, Ace <> wrote:
    >
    > I prefer to deal with the likes of Ascent. They aren't the cheapest
    > but they've been around for a while and they are very good to deal
    > with. They courier for free too which makes their prices a lot more
    > competitive. They are also very good with warranty issues. These can
    > lead to problems when you're dealing with the lower-priced end of the
    > market.

    2nd that - got a bit burnt recently buying AMD CPUs from C1 ShoppingMall
    - Ascent has policies that cover price changes between order & ship.

    Den

    Guest, Apr 23, 2007