    Mossier. Prices are even different, some by a large margin, as the dRebel is
    $714.99 at Abe's, and $809.99 at Family Photo & Video. Sounds fishy to me,
    to say the least.

    PhotoMan, Mar 23, 2005

  2. PhotoMan

    PhotoMan Guest

    That's the March '05 issue.

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message
    news:Ffn0e.50560$...
    > An FYI for those who shop online. Read the article on p. 107 of 'Computer
    > Shopper' for details. Briefly, it describes how many online stores use
    > different business names and websites, but are actually the same company -
    > even to the use of the same phone numbers. An example: 'Abe's of Maine'

    (in

    PhotoMan, Mar 23, 2005

  3. PhotoMan

    Darrell Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message
    > An FYI for those who shop online. Read the article on p. 107 of 'Computer
    > Shopper' for details. Briefly, it describes how many online stores use
    > different business names and websites, but are actually the same company -
    > even to the use of the same phone numbers. An example: 'Abe's of Maine'

    (in
    > Brooklyn, NY!) is also 'Family Photo & Video', and both are owned by Abe
    > Mossier. Prices are even different, some by a large margin, as the dRebel

    is
    > $714.99 at Abe's, and $809.99 at Family Photo & Video. Sounds fishy to me,
    > to say the least.

    It is not unusual to have a store or webstore with lower overhead to have
    lower prices. I don't know Abe's setup, but his other store could be a less
    expensive location.

    Darrell, Mar 24, 2005
  4. PhotoMan

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message

    > "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message
    > > An FYI for those who shop online. Read the article on p. 107 of

    'Computer
    > > Shopper' for details. Briefly, it describes how many online stores use
    > > different business names and websites, but are actually the same

    company -
    > > even to the use of the same phone numbers. An example: 'Abe's of Maine'

    > (in
    > > Brooklyn, NY!) is also 'Family Photo & Video', and both are owned by Abe
    > > Mossier. Prices are even different, some by a large margin, as the

    dRebel
    > is
    > > $714.99 at Abe's, and $809.99 at Family Photo & Video. Sounds fishy to

    me,
    > > to say the least.
    > >

    > It is not unusual to have a store or webstore with lower overhead to have
    > lower prices. I don't know Abe's setup, but his other store could be a

    less
    > expensive location.

    They have the same physical address.

    PhotoMan, Mar 24, 2005
  5. PhotoMan

    meow Guest

    Lots of computer companies do the same thing. Different sites, different
    prices.

    meow, Mar 25, 2005
  6. On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:53:07 -0600, "meow" <> wrote:

    >Lots of computer companies do the same thing. Different sites, different
    >prices.

    I don't understand the problem.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 25, 2005