Online Printing services

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Neil Jones, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. Neil Jones

    Neil Jones Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to print some digital photos. There seems to be a huge
    number of online printing shops. I have used WinkFlash in the past
    which is pretty good in many respects. Now I would like to try some
    other services. Is there any one online printing service that stands
    out for good quality and cost? YorkPhoto site is very difficult to
    navigate. I am looking for inexpensive and easy to use sites. I
    consider 0.20 cents or more for a 4x6 and 0.60 cents or more for a 5x7
    prints as an expensive shop. WinkFlash prints are turning out darker
    than usual. Hence the search. Any advice or information is greatly
    appreciated.

    Thank you in advance for any help.

    NJ

    ---------------------
    Random URL found on the Internet
    http://memoriter.net/flash/test.html
    Neil Jones, Nov 26, 2007

  2. Neil Jones

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Neil Jones wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to print some digital photos. There seems to be a huge
    > number of online printing shops. I have used WinkFlash in the past
    > which is pretty good in many respects. Now I would like to try some
    > other services. Is there any one online printing service that stands
    > out for good quality and cost? YorkPhoto site is very difficult to
    > navigate. I am looking for inexpensive and easy to use sites. I
    > consider 0.20 cents or more for a 4x6 and 0.60 cents or more for a 5x7
    > prints as an expensive shop. WinkFlash prints are turning out darker
    > than usual. Hence the search. Any advice or information is greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help.
    >
    > NJ
    >
    > ---------------------
    > Random URL found on the Internet
    > http://memoriter.net/flash/test.html

    I'm surprised you say that. I liked Winkflash but any time I tried to
    upload a medium sized batch (30 - 50) shots, the transmission never
    completed. Even worse, nothing was stored. YorkPhoto is cheaper and just
    as good. Upload is fast since it does two at a time. The attraction to
    Winkflash for me was they print the image name on the back. Some others
    do also, but are more expensive. Quality wise I find most of these
    places to be about equal.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Neil Jones

    Neil Jones Guest

    Dave Cohen wrote:
    > Neil Jones wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I would like to print some digital photos. There seems to be a huge
    >> number of online printing shops. I have used WinkFlash in the past
    >> which is pretty good in many respects. Now I would like to try some
    >> other services. Is there any one online printing service that stands
    >> out for good quality and cost? YorkPhoto site is very difficult to
    >> navigate. I am looking for inexpensive and easy to use sites. I
    >> consider 0.20 cents or more for a 4x6 and 0.60 cents or more for a 5x7
    >> prints as an expensive shop. WinkFlash prints are turning out darker
    >> than usual. Hence the search. Any advice or information is greatly
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for any help.
    >>
    >> NJ
    >>
    >> ---------------------
    >> Random URL found on the Internet
    >> http://memoriter.net/flash/test.html

    > I'm surprised you say that. I liked Winkflash but any time I tried to
    > upload a medium sized batch (30 - 50) shots, the transmission never
    > completed. Even worse, nothing was stored. YorkPhoto is cheaper and just
    > as good. Upload is fast since it does two at a time. The attraction to
    > Winkflash for me was they print the image name on the back. Some others
    > do also, but are more expensive. Quality wise I find most of these
    > places to be about equal.
    > Dave Cohen

    Thanks for info. I thought the print quality would be different from
    each of these services. I started using Ofoto (some Kodak company) when
    I first started using online printing and then switched to Winkflash.
    With Ofoto, I noticed the prints were getting darker with later batches.
    The pictures would look great on the computer but the prints were
    darker. The same issue seems to be happening with WinkFlash. What I
    like about WinkFlash is the cost and speed of service. WinkFlash does
    have the cheapest 5x7 prints. From what you said, it looks like all
    these shops seem to have the gradual print quality decline issue.

    NJ
    Neil Jones, Nov 29, 2007
  4. Neil Jones

    Not4wood Guest

    Try www.mpix.com good quality, fast turn around time and good prices to make
    it worth your while.

    They also just upgraded there systems with more services and you would have
    a good time looking around.

    I have nothing to do with them, I have used them as a test to see how they
    work and in my book they are lets say 8 out of 10. Because I have not used
    there new services and only used 1 other online lab and will be humble in
    keeping with the quality thats out on the net.

    I have absolutely nothing bad to say about mpix and would use them again in
    a blink of an eye. Both for my own work and selling any kind of Photography
    including Weddings.

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    Not4wood, Sep 13, 2008