    Unfortunately nobody can control the disruptive behavior of sociopaths who
    wish to post to an unmoderated newsgroup such as this one. Informed readers,
    however, will have no trouble at all sorting the wheat from the chaff.

    Jeremy, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Jeremy

    Steve Young Guest

    > "Jeremy" <> wrote:
    > I saw a post in another NG that said that some online photo services were
    > offering to process 35mm film (via mail order) and scan the images and put
    > them online. The customer could then select which images he wanted to be
    > printed, rather than having to accept all the prints.

    That's a *super* idea Jeremy,. steals some of digital's thunder, (i.e.
    selective prints, picture file, whole family viewing, order CDs)

    > I would like to use such a service, but I don't know who is offering it. If
    > anyone has any info on this, please post the names of the labs, and their
    > URLs. Thanks.

    ? anyone?

    > Unfortunately nobody can control the disruptive behavior of sociopaths who
    > wish to post to an unmoderated newsgroup such as this one.

    fortunately we can't
    but group regulars need to develop methods of controlling what each individual
    finds offensive, or not worth the time to see/read. Each group needs to
    develop killfilters and strategies to deal with its specific problems. It's not
    always the same simple answer, if for no other reason than each requires its own
    specific filter. You can even filter out one of my favorite group activities,
    the [SU]. and everything is gone!

    > Informed readers,
    > however, will have no trouble at all sorting the wheat from the chaff.

    *Yes* it *does* call for informed readers and a whole host of helpers, including
    co-operative ISPs who TOSS, admins who offer their assistance.and advice, then
    ultimately, *Puff* the *magic* filter. or a UDP
    we can all work together and it will mean X 10

    Steve
    :)x

    Steve Young, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Jeremy