    trail guide for people to use. (I haven't labeled the pix - maybe if
    there's a naturalist around who knows what all the plants are....)

    http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoAlbum&Data=5830285_hg7eD

    Cynicor, Aug 30, 2008

  2. I enjoyed "virtually" doing your walk. I wish that sort of thing had been
    around in the 1970s when I did quite a lot of tramping and climbing in the
    south island of New Zealand. I'm a bit past doing it for real now-a-days,
    but often revisit the old places via Google Earth, and the experience is
    almost eerie at times.

    Now, if you do some stuff like that and keep it until you're older and less
    fit like me, you will have a great time. Nice work, and nicely presented.

    --
    Peter in New Zealand. (Email address is fake)
    Collector of old cameras, tropical fish fancier, good coffee nutter, and

    Peter in New Zealand, Aug 30, 2008

  3. On Aug 29, 9:41 pm, Cynicor <> wrote:
    > I tried this out today. I did a simple trail walk with camera and GPS
    > attachment, taking photos every few yards. I concentrated on some of the
    > interesting plants along the way. So now I have a nice little photo
    > trail guide for people to use. (I haven't labeled the pix - maybe if
    > there's a naturalist around who knows what all the plants are....)
    >
    > http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoAlbum&Data=5830285_hg7eD

    I totally agree with what Peter said.... keep this stuff and shoot
    more of it. Keep it archived and you'll really enjoy later in life.
    We're in the process right now of collecting old photographs for some
    of the different community organizations in the town where we live and
    it would have been awesome if someone had done this 20 years ago and
    it was still available to us today.

    Keep up the good work-
    Jeff Roush
    photo instructor