    recommendations?

    Cheers
    Pete

    PeteD, Mar 1, 2007

  2. PeteD

    ray Guest

    On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:31:46 -0800, PeteD wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm interested in signing up to one of the online photo sharing/
    > storage systems. I've been using a free account on flickr for a while
    > but the 200 image limit is going to be restrictive.
    >
    > It looks like pbase may be better in the longer term for it's
    > configurable styles.
    >
    > I have also used Jalbum to put up websites on free servers but it does
    > require a bit more time investment.
    >
    > I'd be interested in your opinions on this and any other
    > recommendations?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Pete

    I find that free systems are often worth what you pay for them. I'd
    suggest you explore the option of a full web host - netfirms.com costs me
    $5/month (www.rcarter.net) currently with 10gb of online disk space.

    ray, Mar 1, 2007

  3. "PeteD" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm interested in signing up to one of the online photo sharing/
    > storage systems. I've been using a free account on flickr for a while
    > but the 200 image limit is going to be restrictive.
    >
    > It looks like pbase may be better in the longer term for it's
    > configurable styles.
    >
    > I have also used Jalbum to put up websites on free servers but it does
    > require a bit more time investment.
    >
    > I'd be interested in your opinions on this and any other
    > recommendations?

    I have used jalbum using the free space that my isp gives me and it was
    pretty good, but it's fiddly having to upload the files if you regularly
    make small changes to your gallery like I do.

    I find the pbase is the best photo site I've seen so far, but is not really
    aimed at "storage" if you mean storing original full size files, which are
    best archived to dvd in my opinion.

    cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

    Adrian Boliston, Mar 1, 2007
  4. PeteD

    Guest

    On Mar 1, 12:31 pm, "PeteD" <> wrote:
    > I'm interested in signing up to one of the online photo sharing/
    > storage systems. I've been using a free account on flickr for a while
    > but the 200 image limit is going to be restrictive.

    Pete,

    I am very happy with phanfare.com. It's $50/year, but in addition to
    no limit on the number of photos, it allows (if you do) visitors to
    download your full resolution pictures. I find that really helpful for
    distributing pictures to the family and other groups. Another plus is
    that visitors don't have to "join" to view your photos, something some
    of mine were unwilling to do on other sites.

    Do a search in this group on phanfare for other postings I've made on
    the service -- plus any one else's. The one thing I'd add to my
    earlier posts is that Phanfare recently added some of the features I'd
    been wanting (ability to download an entire album with a single click,
    and ability to view photos at higher resolution without downloading).

    Given how high I've been on phanfare, I should mention that I have no
    financial interest in the company. I just like it.

    Hope this helps.

    Martin

    , Mar 1, 2007
  5. PeteD

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:38:10 -0700, ray <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:31:46 -0800, PeteD wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm interested in signing up to one of the online photo sharing/
    >> storage systems. I've been using a free account on flickr for a while
    >> but the 200 image limit is going to be restrictive.
    >>
    >> It looks like pbase may be better in the longer term for it's
    >> configurable styles.
    >>
    >> I have also used Jalbum to put up websites on free servers but it does
    >> require a bit more time investment.
    >>
    >> I'd be interested in your opinions on this and any other
    >> recommendations?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Pete

    >I find that free systems are often worth what you pay for them. I'd
    >suggest you explore the option of a full web host - netfirms.com costs me
    >$5/month (www.rcarter.net) currently with 10gb of online disk space.

    1and1.com will give 10GB of space for under $3.00US/month.
    I'm not a client of theirs. I use M6.net.

    --
    John McCain announced for
    president on David Letterman's

    Bill Funk, Mar 2, 2007