Online photo services and 3x5 prints

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jersie0, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. jersie0

    jersie0 Guest

    After several years of accumulating thousands of digital images on my
    computer, I'm starting to dump the best ones to an online photo
    service. Love the print quality and since I'm printing maybe only 10%
    of the pictures I took, it's not expensive.

    But here's the gripe I have: Ofoto and all the other popular services
    I've seen offer 4x6 inch prints as their prime product, and below
    that, there's nothing smaller except wallets.

    For my best of my best of my best shots, I've already gotten them
    printed as a 5x7 or 8x10. What I'm printing now are just *snapshots*,
    nice pictures, but nothin' fancy.

    I can't get more than two 4x6 prints on a page of a standard photo
    album. With the smaller 3x5 size (I think it's actually 3.5 by 5,
    whatever...), I'd been able to get three on a page. For the volume of
    pictures I'm printing right now, that's a big difference.

    Any idea...

    1. Why services don't even have a 3x5 photo option available?

    2. If there are any services available in the US that DO offer 3x5
    prints for a reasonable cost (say 30 cents or less per print)?
    jersie0, Nov 7, 2004

  2. jersie0 <> spewed:
    > 1. Why services don't even have a 3x5 photo option available?
    >
    > 2. If there are any services available in the US that DO offer 3x5
    > prints for a reasonable cost (say 30 cents or less per print)?

    I've been using XPPhoto.com for a while now, and I've been nothing but
    amazed with their quality, cost, and delivery.

    http://xpphoto.lifepics.com/common/support/pricing.cfm

    --
    The Toe Pages:
    http://www.rubbertoe.com