    Thanks
    Please post reply here in the newsgroup.
    webhound2005 at hotmail dot com

    QX, Jan 7, 2006

  2. QX

    peter Guest

    "QX" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    >I am going to change from the likes of imagestation and ofoto to
    > store my digital photos. I am seriously considering a subscription to
    > www.smugmug.com
    > Has anyone else used them ? How is the service?
    > Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Please post reply here in the newsgroup.
    > webhound2005 at hotmail dot com

    I've using it for 1 year. The features are good, but the UI navigation is
    so-so. Often I want to go somewhere and can't. I have to back track out of
    the current page, then go down another menu path.

    peter, Jan 7, 2006

  3. QX

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    QX <> writes:

    > I am going to change from the likes of imagestation and ofoto to
    > store my digital photos. I am seriously considering a subscription to
    > www.smugmug.com
    > Has anyone else used them ? How is the service?

    Is this to widely share photos for others to comment on the artistic
    quality? Is this for sharing vacation photos with your friends? Mostly
    web sharing or are prints very important? How much time do you want to
    spend organizing the site? What to recommend depends strongly on what
    you want to do.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.

    Bruce Lewis, Jan 9, 2006
  4. QX

    QX Guest

    On 09 Jan 2006 09:49:30 -0500, Bruce Lewis <> wrote:

    >QX <> writes:
    >
    >> I am going to change from the likes of imagestation and ofoto to
    >> store my digital photos. I am seriously considering a subscription to
    >> www.smugmug.com
    >> Has anyone else used them ? How is the service?

    >Is this to widely share photos for others to comment on the artistic
    >quality? Is this for sharing vacation photos with your friends? Mostly
    >web sharing or are prints very important? How much time do you want to
    >spend organizing the site? What to recommend depends strongly on what
    >you want to do.

    I hope to make it two fold. Primarily to share select photos I take
    out in the backcountry mountains & deserts of Nevada & Arizona.
    I also want to be able to get constructive criticism of my photos, and
    tips on how to improve the composition. Also how to improve the color
    rendition when cloudy skies do strange things to the natural colors of
    the sandstone formations (reds, purples, browns, tan, cream etc, etc).
    I doubt if I will be ordering many prints, just a few and probably
    8x10's when I do.
    I plan to do some reading (recommendations for books on techniques for
    photographing geological formations would be appreciated), and take a
    few night courses at the local university or community college on
    photography to help me out. I have no intentions of becoming a
    professional, as I already have a job that I am devoted to.
    I just want to be able to share the best photos I can with those that
    can't get to the wilderness areas I can hike into.

    QX, Jan 11, 2006
  5. QX

    Guest

    i suggest deviantart.com. i have been using it for a year or two and i
    really like it. they also have a print ordering feature where you can
    set the prices of the prints if you want other people to be able to
    purchase them too.

    , Jan 11, 2006

  7. QX

    Guest

    I suggest www.Flickr.com you can try it out for free, its really easy
    to use and navigate, and there are many many groups with forums where
    all your questions will get answerd.

    , Jan 11, 2006